Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I already threw mine away because i thought they were leftover story junk... ]= Rukkirii what am I going to do????
    (0)
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

Player
    Character
    Conradus Leviathan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
    I already threw mine away because i thought they were leftover story junk... ]= Rukkirii what am I going to do????
    I recognize you--you're the guy who would throw away his Beastmen's Seals, back when!
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Bit of a stupid way to reset stats, kind of like a 1 time deal until you can actually get them again.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    C'alhi Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Hey guys! I wanted to give you some information about The Keeper's Hymn so that you know a little bit more about them before making any drastic decisions. :P

Currently the only way to obtain The Keeper’s Hymn is through quests and we have no plans at the moment to increase the methods of obtaining them. In patch 1.21a, we will be making it possible to reset your attribute point allotment for classes by exchanging The Keeper’s Hymn to guild token exchange NPCs located at each guild. However, as mentioned above, the methods for obtaining these items are limited so please use them wisely.
    Please tell us there are plans to allow for the change of stats on a regular basis? Something like how you pay gold in WoW to reset talents? If there isn't a way to reset them when needed, what is the point of having the choice on where to spend them? It's too easy for new players to make a mistake, read outdated information, and set them improperly. And there are times when it might help to have the stats set one way over another (such as soloing as a CNJ, as opposed to healing).
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Kamino Akari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post

In patch 1.21a, we will be making it possible to reset your attribute point allotment for classes by exchanging The Keeper’s Hymn to guild token exchange NPCs located at each guild. However, as mentioned above, the methods for obtaining these items are limited so please use them wisely.
    I don't feel we should be limited on how many time or how often we can reset are attribute points. Imposing a fee or penalty is understandable but we should be allowed do reset the points as many times as we want.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Hope Estheim
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfox0707 View Post
    I don't feel we should be limited on how many time or how often we can reset are attribute points. Imposing a fee or penalty is understandable but we should be allowed do reset the points as many times as we want.
    I disagree. I think it's stupid to pay to respec every time you do something. You should put your points where you want them, and live happily ever after. If you make a mistake, then you get one of these Hymns for every job you unlock. If you need another, level something to 30 and solo the quest on another job to get one. Re-allotting points isn't something you should do every day. I like that the choice carries weight.

That said, I think it was a bad idea to make this a standard, tossable item. It should really have been a Key Item. ;/ That would have avoided this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy View Post
    You are going to read patchnotes, or stop assuming just because it has no obvious use, it's junk? >.> I hope you are happy with your point allotment. :< That really sucks, man. ; ;
    (13)

Player
    Character
    C'alhi Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mychael View Post
    I disagree. I think it's stupid to pay to respec every time you do something. You should put your points where you want them, and live happily ever after. If you make a mistake, then you get one of these Hymns for every job you unlock. If you need another, level something to 30 and solo the quest on another job to get one. Re-allotting points isn't something you should do every day. I like that the choice carries weight.
    The devs have already changed the way stats work at least once. While I wasn't around when they functioned differently, I still keep finding the old, outdated information that, for instance, tells GLDs how block is affected by strength. The game isn't even very clear about everything that the stats do.

Also, leveling as a CNJ, it makes sense to put points into Int. I've still yet to find a clear answer on where they should be as a healer, but I think Mind and Vit are the right answers. However, who would think that Vit affects enhancing magic? My points right now are bad for a healer, but even if the Hymn was functional, I'd be loathe to actually use it. What if I get it wrong again, get bad advice, or the devs once again change these mechanics? What if I need to go solo something, or help out a friend, before my THM is 50?

There are really only two possible options for what will happen:

1. We are given a way to change stats more frequently, however they decide to work it (free, currency, on a cooldown, etc.)
    2. The point allotments are entirely removed

I can guarantee you that a finite item like this will not work. I've played MMOs long enough to know how something like that pans out, and eventually people will give up and stop playing when they realize the countless hours they spent on a character were wasted, all because they didn't know how each job's stats work. Might as well say goodbye to the game, as there is no way the average gamer is going to give it the time of day with mechanics like that, and the current playerbase will also slowly begin to set sail for clearer waters.

I want the game to succeed, and as such, it needs to be generally user friendly, regardless of how difficult the content might be.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    being limited in times to reset our attribute points better be a temporal messure...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sestina Aster
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I am generally not one for melodrama but I agree for the most part with the above sentiment. For a large number of roles, making informed decisions about where one ought to allocate ones points can be extremely difficult. Certain statics, such as the vitality > enhancing magic correlation mentioned earlier, do not grant logical bonuses and the frequency by which large scale, sweeping changes occur can transform just about all decisions into sheer guesswork. Restricting this process by granting us only a limited number of times to make changes alters what should a simple decision and unnecessarily draws it out pending the research of others.

Sure many people will argue that they prefer this to be a carefully considered decision, and to a certain extent this may be true. However, when a truly informed decision cannot be made without first consulting various sources and research outside of the game itself, and if frequent improper decisions can forever punish your advancement in a particular class, we begin to find ourselves a system that both restricts player experimentation and hinders those who are not aware that resources exist outside of the game world to aid their decisions.

Personally I have a few problems with the idea of stat point allocation itself. If the goal in implementing this system is to allow players to have a greater degree of freedom with regards to how they build their characters, I believe that restricting this player input to statistical points only is an extremely boring and, above all, antiquated design decision. Instead I would argue that the development team ought to pursue a point allocation system that revolves less around raising a set of numerical values that are by definition divorced from the actual game world, and instead on aspects of character development that are more relatable to the player.

For example: Perhaps instead of investing points into statistics players could use their points to buy ranks in class abilities, giving them the opportunity to have a much more direct effect on how they enhance their characters without getting bogged down into numbers. Such a system would be directly approachable to all players, be capable of providing a visible effect without overpowering the character, and, on the onset, would not imply that players ought to look up information dictating how they should build their character for best results.

If the goal of the allocation system is, as I stated above, to draw players to form am attachment to their characters by allowing them to make interesting and effectual decisions over how they advance, then the current system accomplishes neither of these things. It does not interest and it is difficult to see its effects. Ultimately a change will need to come down and I would love to hear that this is something being actively worked on for 2.0.
    (12)

Player

If you just do away with this option, neither side can complain.
    (0)
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with video games.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast