Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
    Maybe they didn't feel you deserved one? Though honestly if you are playing DPS, its rare you get one. Usually the tanks are the ones who get showered in it because they are the reason they actually got into the dungeon to start with. Also a simple "Hello" seems to help too, I know some will write off a commendation simply cus no one said hello back.
    Dps gets loads of commendations you just gotta know how to actually AOE stuff. Toss goads or tactician refreshes on healers and the like they'll come flying in. Especially if you do them before there starved. (Toss a goad when there tp is about halfway instead of when its 0 or the same with refresh and mp.)

honestly I get bucket loads on dps and I ain't even that great. I gave up on the treadmill a long time ago so I'm still mid 360s on most jobs which puts me way behind
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 74
    I mean, for all people say to "be nice" it's honestly just pretty hard to get comms as DPS unless you're freaking killing it and someone happens to be running a parser. Meanwhile I just mash my Embrace macro on the tank and afk DPS as SCH and get like 2 every dungeon; it's kind of stupid really.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Olivar Starblaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by loreleidiangelo View Post
    I mean, for all people say to "be nice" it's honestly just pretty hard to get comms as DPS unless you're freaking killing it and someone happens to be running a parser. Meanwhile I just mash my Embrace macro on the tank and afk DPS as SCH and get like 2 every dungeon; it's kind of stupid really.
    Really? I've gotten a buttload of comms on my Summoner since I started leveling him by just trying my best, using AoE when I can and being friendly to people.
    I'm probably not even the best DPS around
    (2)
    Olivar Starblaze
    Onion Knight - Lalafell Carbuncle Retainer
    <TASTY>
    Ragnarok Server

Player
    Character
    Sophia Miyuki
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Dunno if this is a serious thread or someone is really that "unlikable" and antisocial skills non existent....
    Even as a dps i have received them , but like the others stated maybe play the nice guy with greeting when you enter and crack jokes , you know....interact /socialize . I honestly don't give only for the fact that the player was very good, but also for the good impression on the social part, i rather have people talk in the chat than focus mode from start to finish.
    But maybe, just maybe i am at the wrong end in this deal.
    ./shrug
    (3)
    There is no limit that can not be passed

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoNova View Post
    Really? I've gotten a buttload of comms on my Summoner since I started leveling him by just trying my best, using AoE when I can and being friendly to people.
    I'm probably not even the best DPS around
    I leveled my newbie ACN to 30 to unlock SCH on another server and got maybe 10 comms in that time period total. It's not as though I don't know how to play, it's just honestly that dealing damage in lowbie dungeons is pretty immemorable. On this character, doing expert roulette at cap on SMN definitely got me some comms because of how fast I would make stuff die, but IMO you don't have the tools to stand out as a DPS at lower levels. That's not to say you'll never get comms - you'll just get way more being even mildly competent on tank or healer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Umschor Nighthaven
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarel View Post
    Dunno if this is a serious thread or someone is really that "unlikable" and antisocial skills non existent....
    Even as a dps i have received them , but like the others stated maybe play the nice guy with greeting when you enter and crack jokes , you know....interact /socialize . I honestly don't give only for the fact that the player was very good, but also for the good impression on the social part, i rather have people talk in the chat than focus mode from start to finish.
    But maybe, just maybe i am at the wrong end in this deal.
    ./shrug
    There is no wrong end in this deal, you commend whoever you want base on your own criteria.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kaylessa Sylverlur
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 63
    I always wish I could comm more than one person If I'm tanking I always appreciate when DPS burn through enemies, but I also appreciate the healer keeping me alive. Sometimes when dungeoning the group is just a lot of fun and I want to comm all 3
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Theodore Rosentretter
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Dear SE, please raise the need of commendations from 300 to 3000 so this player don't reach the Mentor status. With that attitude he will scare away the players. Please.

Also, I don't main dps but when I play as one, I get a couple comms too.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I tend to get comms fairly frequently as any role.

But then again, I do things like:

* Saying hello and goodbye

* Telling newbies about boss mechanics

* Using AoE skills

* Using Diversion as DPS

* Using skills like Erase, Goad, Refresh, Peloton, Trick Attack (Also other rDPS skills)

* Dance with people while someone needs to go AFK for a bit or is watching a cutscene

* Heal the Tank >.>
    (8)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rosentretter View Post
    Dear SE, please raise the need of commendations from 300 to 3000 so this player don't reach the Mentor status. With that attitude he will scare away the players. Please.

Also, I don't main dps but when I play as one, I get a couple comms too.
    Damn thats evil lol.
    (0)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast