Demolish You
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70

Controller Input Delay/Lock

Windows 10 64-bit, Linux (using dxvk)

Description:

Controller input delay and buttons being 'held' when FPS drops.
    During raids, this leads to the game thinking buttons are being held down for seconds after they've been pressed. This often leads to the game pressing skills on its own and walking player off the edge of the arena.
    Keyboard and mouse input remain unaffected, this only affects gamepad input (wired as well as bluetooth).

Drivers have been reinstalled multiple times, along with fresh install of Windows, and then tested again on Linux to exclude driver issues.
    The issue also exists on DX9 although to a lesser extent as long as framerate is capped and has been persistent since 2.0 (A Realm Reborn). However, as the DX9 client will be discontinued in Shadowbringers this game will be unplayable on DX11 with a controller.

Steps to reproduce:
    Easiest to reproduce on DX11 client with FPS unlocked (still occurs with FPS limited on both DX9 and DX11 though mainly in GPU intensive scenes). Happens regardless of window mode (fullscreen, windowed, borderless).
    Play with controller (Xbox 360 and DS4), disable fps limiter, enter a raid - doesn't matter which. Alphascape v4 and v3 (Savage) are pretty obvious to test with when your character walks off the edge despite letting go of thumbstick seconds ago.
    Alliance raids (Stormblood raids especially) are good test cases too.

Additional method to reproduce framerate drops to test the controller input delay/freeze is to zoom in on a Warrior spamming Decimate, FPS will drop significantly (almost half) no matter the system spec.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demolish; 05-31-2019 at 02:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Have you tried disabling the "Microsoft device association root enumerator" in device manager. has worked for many folks.

also have you tried different XBOX drivers. there seems to be quite a few out there. even microsoft ones. theres "Xbox 360 controller" "MS Xbox 360 Controller" "Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller" All of which are microsoft drivers but ever so slightly different.

If i use "Xbox 360 Controller" (the one windows seems to default to) i get issues in a few games. and my controller vibrates when i turn my computer on.

If i use "Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller" (download from windows support) i still get the random inputs in ffxiv. (oops i fell of bismarck)

And if i use MS Xbox 360 controller. (download from microsoft technet thing) the lights spin when i logon to windows and everything works perfectly..

(for some reason the xbox one controller is the same thing 3 differnet sets of drivers from microsoft)
    (0)
    Last edited by Dzian; 05-31-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Demolish You
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, that was one of the first things I tried, unfortunately it didn't help.

All other games are perfectly fine with Xbox 360 Controller as well as DualShock 3.
    I believe it is an issue with this game handling controller input as keyboard and mouse are fine, and I have no controller issues with other more demanding games.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Demolish You
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Created a new thread in Bug Reports section as there's nothing more to be done on my end. Feel free to close.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...put-Delay-Lock
    (0)