Player
    Character
    Eyriwaen Zirhmusyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Crafters rejoice!

So, upon logging back in to the game I thought I'd take a look at the adjustments to xp earned due to quality. One of the first things I noticed is that I seem to get a lot more quality from careful synthesis: A minimum of 20 on a failure, and highest I've seen on a success without abilities was around 70. Then I noticed the xp multiplier at the end. Drastic... doesn't even begin to describe it. Even with the few abilities available to me at level 20, I can push the multiplier up to +288%. That's almost 4x the xp (As this is added to the base 100%).

Near as I can tell, there is a sliding scale of sorts: Increasing quality increases the multiplier less as your added quality rises (Starting quality from HQ ingredients has no impact on the multiplier whatsoever), so for example getting +70 quality will give you a +70% multiplier, but +340 quality gives a +260% multiplier. So, this means boosting quality as high as you can will give you the most xp for your synth, but won't necessarily give you the best xp for your time. However, tossing in a careful synthesis or two (Especially when the orb is red and will thus increase quality even further) is well worth your while.

So, anyone else really liking this change?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Kamino Akari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    That sounds freaking sweet! I can't to try crafting again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avraym Kent
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 77
    I think this is the change a lot of people were waiting for to return to crafting.

With Rested xp and XP manuals now being purchasable with gil, leveling your crafts isn't as slow as it used to be.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Haru Miaru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Some crafts can easily get 2000-3000exp per synth.. I got bonus regularly of 385% which were giving me 1800+exp
    (0)

Player

thats crazy o.O

Player
    Character
    Atehki Mejastra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Thank goodness! Now i can stop having to do caravan runs and switching to GSM right before the duty is finished for decent xp :P!!
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nuru View Post
    Thank goodness! Now i can stop having to do caravan runs and switching to GSM right before the duty is finished for decent xp :P!!
    haha that shit works?

Player
    Character
    Atehki Mejastra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by neminis View Post
    haha that shit works?
    Guess you missed out lol. Yeah it worked, all my battle classes are pretty high so i had to make caravan runs amount to something other than 150-300 measly seals. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rowyne Olde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I'm loving the changes! Big difference. Crafting feels less painful, and my choices seem to have a bigger impact. The exp is flowing and it's great. Thumbs up!

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Avraym View Post
    With Rested xp and XP manuals now being purchasable with gil, leveling your crafts isn't as slow as it used to be.
    I must have missed the part about XP manuals. Does the GC sell them for gil now or where can I get them for gil?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast