Thread: Healers in 5.0

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Know I'm sure not going to ever play as healer anymore and that was my first 3 jobs I got to max first. Guess this means there is going to be shortage on healers in 5.0.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'll wait to pass judgement until I can actually play the jobs, but I am a little confused why they got rid of E4E and kept Rescue... Unless they actually made rescue a viable ability.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Squirt Cobain
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Anselmet View Post
    You forgot that Selene is more or less completely gone and we lost a skill on Eos. Our potency on fey union is less as well. And while you're completely correct that dps has been gutted something worse happened: we are now bloated with healing potential. Did sch really need all these new ways to heal? But hey guys, they finally 'fixed' dissipation! So that's something.
    So true! Honestly-- I was reading about all the changes, and then I watched the showcase video with all the healers explained... and my brain went numb. My fav part in the video was when the translator said "While Seraph is summoned, faerie actions are changed as follows: Whispering Dawn becomes Angel’s Whisper, and Fey Illumination becomes Seraphic Illumination, However, these two are purely aesthetic changes." (LOL wut?)
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Thoosa Starburst
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I honestly don’t mind if the aim is to give healers a proper identity, as in, their role is to heal and do little else.

What I do mind is if I barely have to do any healing and I’m in a situation where my dps abilities are very weak, not at all varied and barely contribute anything, then I’m neither one nor the other.

I guess I’m trying to say I don’t want to be just standing around waiting to do some healing, to then stand around until the next bit of healing is required.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Laurent Vestra
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OpheliaHeartilly View Post
    So true! Honestly-- I was reading about all the changes, and then I watched the showcase video with all the healers explained... and my brain went numb. My fav part in the video was when the translator said "While Seraph is summoned, faerie actions are changed as follows: Whispering Dawn becomes Angel’s Whisper, and Fey Illumination becomes Seraphic Illumination, However, these two are purely aesthetic changes." (LOL wut?)
    Feels me with joy that they wasted resources on such a profound waste of time.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Roda Tirhaalo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoosa View Post
    I honestly don’t mind if the aim is to give healers a proper identity, as in, their role is to heal and do little else.

What I do mind is if I barely have to do any healing and I’m in a situation where my dps abilities are very weak, not at all varied and barely contribute anything, then I’m neither one nor the other.

I guess I’m trying to say I don’t want to be just standing around waiting to do some healing, to then stand around until the next bit of healing is required.
    What, didn't you guys want healer dancers? Now you can /dance in between heals!
    /s
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Raiya Li
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    All I can say right now is Im really not happy with the removal of Aero III from WHM and Miasma and Miasma 2 from SCH I liked having a DOT dps action. Whats more annoying is now we have miasma 1 and 3 on smn but no 2, its asthetically odd to me.

Problem I see with healers is they made their offensive actions too bland now and I dont really like it very much.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sonja Sjasaris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiya View Post
    All I can say right now is Im really not happy with the removal of Aero III from WHM and Miasma and Miasma 2 from SCH I liked having a DOT dps action. Whats more annoying is now we have miasma 1 and 3 on smn but no 2, its asthetically odd to me.

Problem I see with healers is they made their offensive actions too bland now and I dont really like it very much.
    WHM get Dia to replace aero III for 720 potency over 30 seconds and Glare for Stone
    link here
    (0)
    Please take a moment to eat, hydrate and take care of yourself! Thank you, Adventurer! See you online!

Player
    Character
    Keiji Zaika
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EvalcieChevallier View Post
    WHM get Dia to replace aero III for 720 potency over 30 seconds and Glare for Stone
    link here
    Thats what makes me wonder. Was it so hard to split that Dia dot into 2 dot skills and balance them like that? Was it so difficult for bad players to throw two dots on a mob?

While Im ok with WHM changes, why remove dots from Scholar? Because of lore and sharing them with Summoner? Why not just simply make new dots and rename them? Because Scholar would be to strong DPS-wise than other healers? Just adjust the potencies and leave it like that.

I just simply dont understand the "throw 1 dot, spam your 250 potency magic" thing.
    (12)
    Last edited by xbahax92; 05-30-2019 at 05:13 AM.
    I just... put it to my head... and pull the trigger... Pe-ru-so-na!

Player
    Character
    Van Arn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    If healer damage contribution is pooped on like it appears to be, buckle down for some truly miserable dungeons with Bobby McNobuttons the 8 apm dps that can't rely on the healer to do his job for him.
    (7)

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast