Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    I hope they do make them shorter but you know how Yoshida and his team roll. Once they decide on something, it ain’t gonna change no matter what. It took them years just to get rid of RNG from crafting. That was 4.0. Furthermore, it seems like Viera do not have lower body customization. So if they are going to implement anything we request at this point, it’s going to be in a brand new mmo, not FFXIV.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    You realize super models are generally tall right?

And you realize more than half the population of females are not super model material, right? To begin with, females being that tall isn’t common. 5’10 is literally average height for a U.S male. Just not very feminine unfortunately.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zait Zaitoon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I was actually going to post a thread about the same subject

Please let us make our Viera 149.7 cm just like miqo'tes

(2)
    =/

Player
    Character
    Luluna Eve
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I think they look so elegant and very graceful and I do not mind them being a bit taller I always play small races but I am quite happy with how they look and to me they are very feminine probably the nicest female race so far.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMugu View Post
    I mean, sure they did. I just expected the sub-races to have height differences besides just different colour palettes.
    I like seeing game worlds from my own height (165cm), it helps me get immersed.
    Wouldn't huge height difference require more attention to the gear in getting it to fit? I think the racial options presented are pretty much a result of keeping those concerns at bay. Both clans appear to be similar in that respect. I usually use max height settings for my characters but I'll have to make an alt and try the height slider to see how tall they really look (discounting ears) relative to other races. I personally can't tell using the benchmark just how tall they are. It's a shame they don't have them referenced with other avatars to show the differences.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Oh, this is a for real thread? People are agreeing with this? Fran's popularity and Viera in general were adored because of their height and how she practically towered over Balthier. You have Hyur, go/stay hyur. Apply Gold Saucer ears.

K-mmo's also have you covered.
    (40)

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    I hope they do make them shorter but you know how Yoshida and his team roll. Once they decide on something, it ain’t gonna change no matter what. It took them years just to get rid of RNG from crafting. That was 4.0. Furthermore, it seems like Viera do not have lower body customization. So if they are going to implement anything we request at this point, it’s going to be in a brand new mmo, not FFXIV.
    i also remember them saying Viera/hrothgar will have more customization options due to being only 1 gender, but where are they? Is it ear types and size? thats the only thing i noticed, tbh.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gula View Post
    Oh, this is a for real thread? People are agreeing with this? Fran's popularity and Viera in general were adored because of their height and how she practically towered over Balthier. You have Hyur, go/stay hyur. Apply Gold Saucer ears.

K-mmo's also have you covered.
    To be fair, people were on board with Viera being playable. Not necessarily as tall as a man, lol. It doesn’t bother me since I love my Hyur midlander but it is slightly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nora_of_Mira View Post
    i also remember them saying Viera/hrothgar will have more customization options due to being only 1 gender, but where are they? Is it ear types and size? thats the only thing i noticed, tbh.
    Their definition of “more customization” are ears, lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Miss Eclipse
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Vieras were always tall like this. At least the ones it is based on (Fran in FFXII and her people). We got the small Au Ra female on Heavensward, so I'm more than OK with getting a tall female race this time
    (30)

Player
    Character
    Alex Nervar
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Got to agree, they were always tall. While I understand folks wanting them to be small, but every single Viera in the games has been towering amazonian. To be honest they're not 'that' tall. They're only around M highlander height. Aren't Elezen taller?
    (19)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast