Player
    Character
    Skaenbryda Roeganwyn
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphos View Post
    I guess in the meantime the best thing we can do is use the auto name generator to make educated guesses.
    I don't get how we would get sample names / auto-generator but not the rules themselves.
    I guess I'll be keeping my Au Ra name for a while until they deliver.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Clover Blake
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Thank you for letting us know! That's a pity, but it's also understandable.

And I guess using the auto generator would work, but I fear there might be some meaning behind surnames (if not names themselves) that us RPers would need to know in order to adjust our character's stories.
    (1)
    http://clovermemories.tumblr.com/

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I would just like to point out that there are now four naming conventions for every race and not just two anymore. So there is essentially double the work to compile a list of Viera and Hrotgar names.

And that's not counting all the other races who now have new naming conventions we will probably want to know too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Regardless of what you RP as, your Viera is technically a Rava or Veena and your Hrothgar a Helion or Lost.

The naming conventions of the 1st could have come later when the dust settled and people had time to sink their teeth into the 1st lore. A delay for the playable races's conventions until after regular SHB launch is pretty disappointing.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokke View Post
    Regardless of what you RP as, your Viera is technically a Rava or Veena and your Hrothgar a Helion or Lost.

The naming conventions of the 1st could have come later when the dust settled and people had time to sink their teeth into the 1st lore. A delay for the playable races's conventions until after regular SHB launch is pretty disappointing.
    They're pointless for naming our characters, but they still have a realm full of Viis and Ronso that need to have naming conventions ironed out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nera Mistdancer
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They need to format it for us and also writte better the lore details, and that takes time. If they just released it as they use it internally, I'm sure that we would be even more confused.

Anyway, it seems that I was 99% wrong (lol) and they won't be able to release them even tomorrow. Well, no biggie~ Thanks for the heads-up, Sicycre!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    They're pointless for naming our characters, but they still have a realm full of Viis and Ronso that need to have naming conventions ironed out.
    the 1st's NPCs have already been designed, named, translated, and important ones have been voice acted. Their conventions (along with the PC ones) already exist, the delay is just a matter of formatting/making them public.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Anantha Antha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

Thanks for your patience while we checked into this for you.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to release the naming conventions ahead of early access and launch of Shadowbringers. Once things have calmed down post-launch, the team will be able to better dedicate time to creating them. We know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but we appreciate your understanding.
    Really, deeply disappointing. :-/
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Solenne Lagarde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

Thanks for your patience while we checked into this for you.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to release the naming conventions ahead of early access and launch of Shadowbringers. Once things have calmed down post-launch, the team will be able to better dedicate time to creating them. We know it's not the news you wanted to hear, but we appreciate your understanding.
    Wait, so you won't even be releasing them during maint? Or even before official launch? This is kind of a big deal to much of your player base. This feels like a pretty big oversight.

Still smarting from the lack of male Viera, and now from this. Knowing that the parts of the expansion I was most excited about were given such low priority is disheartening.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Solenne Lagarde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfuset790 View Post
    I'm personally amazed by the amount of people who, like me, want to make sure they have lore-appropriate names. :O I thought I was in the minority!
    We might still be in the minority, but this tends to be a pretty big deal to RPers.
    (6)

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast