Player
    Character
    Eve Knight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Recurring GM Issue Regarding Tells in Duties

Being able to respond to a GM when they send me a tell while I'm in a duty has been hit and miss. I know I'm doing my part correctly (although how arcane it is certainly leaves room for developmental improvement, but we digress). Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. So either it's a nuance of circumstance (like timing of entering/exiting duties and submitting the ticket) or inconsistency in some part of the GM's workflow. I can always receive the tells from the GM, but I get error messages trying to reply. So they try to tell me how to reply and then decide I must be busy/AFK/whatever.

As for specific error messages, when I try /tell gm name@balmung it tells me I can't do tells by typing while in a duty. And if I try /reply it tells me the recipient is not in the same duty. And if I click the name and try to send a tell that way, it also presents an error.

So I don't know if this is a bug or a GM training thing. But I'm guessing it's the latter, so I'm posting here.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I've encountered this myself.
    It seemed to be when the GM initiated the contact, I was in my regular world. But upon entering an instance (in my case, Eureka Pagos) the situation changed. The GM could continue to send me tells, but I could only ever reply once. Every time I got a message, alt+r to send a reply worked, but only for a single message. Any attempt at following up was giving me errors about how I can't send tells in duty.

I hope my little tale regarding this helps them fix this.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Eve Knight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Yeah, maybe my last GM technically "started" the conversation when I was still on Balmung (probably just sitting at a prompt reviewing info before actually sending a message) but didn't actually send it till I was on the content world. At any rate, good to know I'm not alone. =)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seiji Kyoshiro
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    It happen while talking with GM Unurlotho a long time ago, I was trying to reply him and always got the message "Unable to send /tell while bounded in duty" even with his recommendation in use /r was not working
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nutritious Delicious
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54
    I had a GM try to talk to me in Eureka, my tells were displaying as if they were going through but the GM wasn't actually receiving them. I sent in a reply ticket when they gave up with their convo and my convo as well as a bug report with that same convo in it. There is no reason a GM cannot talk to someone in a Duty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucerna Sainahs
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    It may be a bug in the GM's interface that shows players on their home worlds when they're in the content instance. The GMs I've encountered have all been well trained, so I doubt they would knowingly expect a player to respond when they can't.

However, I agree that no matter the root of the cause, it's an issue that needs fixing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lucerna; 05-25-2019 at 09:15 AM. Reason: adding more info

Player
    Character
    Garu Dyne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I have had this issue and they tell me "Can you hear me" and I always get "user is not in your duty" .. it's bizarre.
    (0)