Player
    Character
    Cledwyn Llywellyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80

Can we just get rid of Egi’s, now?

I want them to just get rid of Egi’s full stop and re-introduce them as Demi-Primals fully. I remember when I first done the Austerities of Fire quest to obtain Ifrit, my excitement was through the roof, until I saw the gross flaming foetus that spawned instead of the hell-demon I was expecting... and to add insult to injury, our version was even MORE pathetic and tiny, yikes...

So yeah, maybe now after seeing how successful Demi-Bahamuts implementation has gone, can’t the devs just go back and modify the quests to give us Demi summons that actually resemble the Primals much more? With the ability to change the Primals size as we can with Demi-Bahamut, that’s already resolved the argument of them appearing too big and blocking people’s screens. It just feels like Summoner’s presentation in 14 is a hot mess and it’s only getting more noticeable. The best way to resolve this imo would be to double down on Demi Primals since the reception Summoner gained when we saw Demi-Bahamut for the first time proves how desired they are over the faulty and, frankly, gross looking Egi’s...

I know many people like the egi’s or want it to stay a pet job, but I can’t be the only one who feels it’s a bit all over the place in its presentation. What do ya’ll think?
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Xalo Kha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Egis don’t feel very good to use. Since they haven’t expanded on them (not even more glams) and instead added the Demi Bahamut, I wonder if we may be moving in a different direction with Shadowbringers. But the egis are useful for solo play, so I don’t know if they could go as far as to remove them without some blowback.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cledwyn Llywellyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalberht View Post
    Egis don’t feel very good to use. Since they haven’t expanded on them (not even more glams) and instead added the Demi Bahamut, I wonder if we may be moving in a different direction with Shadowbringers. But the egis are useful for solo play, so I don’t know if they could go as far as to remove them without some blowback.
    Yeah there would definitely be some blowback. I get why many people want them to stay but as they are right now is just clunky and disappointing, especially contrasted to the new Demi Primal mechanic. Unless they make an action plan to fully overhaul and update egi’s to make them less clunky and slow then I’d still much rather see them scrapped and replaced with Demi-variants.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The Egis themselves were never the problem. Had SE added to them from the start, people wouldn't hate them as much. It's because the system has remained the same that people are, well, pissed.
    (3)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Razard Baleth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    No.

/10char
    (4)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    The Egis themselves were never the problem. Had SE added to them from the start, people wouldn't hate them as much. It's because the system has remained the same that people are, well, pissed.
    Egi's have been there since the start of SMN existing, so I dunno what you mean.
    But yes, improving on them would be nice. Maybe a new trait that turns egi's into demi-primals or something so you get a sweet avatar of Ifrit/Garuda/Titan to do things with.

And then of course, add more summons...
    (6)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    I'd totally love for the Popoto's Egi's to be retconned into Demi's.

Summoner's should be about Summoning.

With a significant amount of their power being their Summon blasting enemies in the face. Not a stupid little popoto tickling enemies while your DoT's chip away at them...

Heck, the cadence of the current Summoner lends itself to Demi Summons too. The whole "DWT burst" > 1m > "DWT burst" > Bahamut > 1m > "DWT burst" > 1m > "DWT burst" > Bahamut etc, thing could easily be replicated by replacing "DWT" burst phases with "Demi-Ifrit/Garuda/Titan(/Shiva/Ramuh/Leviathan/Bismarck/Ravana/Lakshmi)" burst phases.

It along with more expansive /summonsize options (As an alternative to the current /bahamutsize options) to allow for people to not get annoyed by say, a Demi-Ifrit being all up in their face and what not.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Len Orlan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Get rid of egis, and unshackle Scholar & Summoner from Arcanist.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shadelia Sunshooter
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think it's possible without a big reboost for both smn and sch job, just get rid of egi but keep their AoE attack as a part of AoE rotation and their buff as a support skill, using those skill will cost you an aetherflow and when you do it will summon that primal for a brief of time

For titan, we will summon somekind of "totem" with duration of 15 or 20 second and has certain mount of hp and enemy will attack that totem while they out, totem will disappear when time run out or dont has any mp left

To cover the lost dps from egi auto attack, just give SMN the 3rd DOT spell in same vein as other 2 spell
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    If anything I'm surprised they didn't start moving away from egis more back in Heavensward, when the job quests established that they're extremely rudimentary and were abandoned as soon as trances were figured out.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast