Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sanctify Ofera
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    I feel like they should have a toggle like cutscenes do. If you've already seen it, you auto skip it. Of course this would probably entail another box to check in of like "skipping intermission" as a pretty req so only people with the skip intermission option in their settings could join the party.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sanctify Ofera
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    In pf* gd auto correct and gd not being to edit from mobile!!!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I'm kind of impartial to the phase transitions.

On one hand, it does get irritating from time to time. I agree it would streamline the EX trials faster and make farming them smoother.

On the other hand, it helps me recover my cooldowns and what not. I also have enough time to farm all of the Stormblood EX primal mounts ironically enough (all 3 of my main characters have the Kamuy of the Nine Tails mount).

So it's going to be a coin toss for me should the long intermission phases occur again in the next set of EX primals going forward in Shadowbringers.
    (1)
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Player
    Character
    Nol Lac'nala
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Didn't they confirm Eden would be in Shadowbringers? If you don't like transition phases now...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    For the second time in this thread, breaks in a fight are important for its pacing. It's game design 101.
    When the breaks exceed a minute and push two, that's what we call "excessive". There are plenty of fights that have the neat, short intermission that is the boss's Ultimate that work far better than sticking mini-games in the middle of an EX trial. HW trials were excellent because they had enough cinematic to be spectacular (e.g., Thordan EX) without it being overkill (like Byakko EX).

Yes, some breaks are longer than others. Deal with it. It doesn't change what I said.
    I made a general statement. I'm not interested in discussing particular exceptions.
    If you aren't interested in discussion, why are you on a discussion forum?
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Kurenai Tenshi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    These phases of nothing are just here for two things:
    - Show off cool visual effects
    - Give players a little resting period before arguably the most difficult parts

These parts are important. If you don't see the benefits of these moments, then simply understand that they are a key aspect of the encounter design for pacing fights.
    Yes, the downside can be annoying, but the benefits are completly worth it.
    Evidently not, considering one of the most frequent requests from players was to reduce or remove these transitions—which they acquiesced with Seiryu. So if it was such an integral part of encounter design. Why did they stop doing it? Perhaps because it's little more than a pointless gimmick.

I'm sorry but if you need a "resting period" two minutes into a fight, you have no business touching EX. You aren't ready.
    (2)
    "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
    "The silence is your answer."

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    For the second time in this thread, breaks in a fight are important for its pacing. It's game design 101.

Yes, some breaks are longer than others. Deal with it. It doesn't change what I said.
    I made a general statement. I'm not interested in discussing particular exceptions.
    It completely changes everything, it shows that a long intermission like Byakko's is only there for padding when they have done shorter ones before (all ARR trials) and after (Seiryu, Yojimbo).

I never said that Byakko shouldn't have an intermission.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Schan Starfall
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    All this hate on Byakko's intermission is making me sad.

I quite enjoy the change of pace at times when they have a mini game thrown in there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Laurent Vestra
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    What I like them. It's a perfect opportunity to yell at the bad egg in the group.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jets Down
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I think going forward they should design these intermission stages more like Halicarnassus where normal has the longer intermission stage adding flair while ex/savage stuff designed with shorter intermissions.
    Intermissions are important to fights they allow a bit of breathing room and should stay as part of fight design but this is far more true for extreme trials than anything else they should not be too long no longer than 1m max and that is pushing it due to these types of fights are intended to be farmed by the developers so long intermissions become glaringly worse as time goes on.
    (0)
    Guy butt is best butt <3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast