Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mister Wonderful
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I was sitting on 13 moogle weapons until I noticed they weren't on the list of tradeable items for seals. Now that i've seen this thread, i wish I had not discarded my extras yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    The dev. team will be looking into whether or not they will allow Ifrit and Moogle weapons to be traded for Grand Company seals.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    What? Players are already looking to get rid of their weapons while other players, like me, still don't have any???
    Can I be appointed as the (N)PC they give their weapons to in exchange for seals?
    PLEASE!
    (2)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Kyan Ashton
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I agree - trading of Ifrit and Moogle weapons may increase the number of available parties forming (company seal farming) for those of us who haven't had many opportunities yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kari Striker
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The dev. team will be looking into whether or not they will allow Ifrit and Moogle weapons to be traded for Grand Company seals.

I think that it's a bad idea to make them trade-able for seals.. These are unique weapons forge of Gods. Let alone it takes a great deal to obtain one. With that in mind not every one can get it. You need to be about 45/50 just to get the quest and you need to shout and wait hours just for a good party. ( not every one has a good linkshell like you). I beat Ifirit about 7 times and I never got a single drop. You know the saying there are some things money can't buy? Well there should be some things seals can buy .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shayla Asiaine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Hello,

Not sure if there is misunderstanding, but the idea is for adventurers to give up an Iffy weapon to their Grand Company, who will then pay the adventurer seals. Not the other way around.

This is good if you get Ifrit weapons you do not need (like all the Ifrit Claws I had). And it encourages/rewards people to keep doing Ifrit quests for some more tangible reward other than Dark Matter (although that is my main reason for going).

It further encourages people who are highly experienced at doing Ifrit/Moogy to keep going, and this will make it easier for non-experienced people to tag along and have a chance to win.

All in all, I think this is a great idea, and was actually kind of expecting it with this patch (did not think it would be limited to DH/Tok-Tok and NMs only).

THAT being said.... I hope there is a better way of managing the details of farming for a weapon and getting a duplicate of one you do not want to trade in rather than one you do.

For example, I would get rid of all weapons that I could not use, go in, have only 3/7, hoping I'll get any of the other 4 to trade in for seals, and.... get one of the existing 3 I have. Perhaps we can have a 'status' placed on us, so if a duplicate falls we can choose to send it to the Grand Company (if we are still not allowed to trade it with others in our party).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jerbird Leone
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70

Thanks Rukkirii!

Here's what I thought when considering implementing trading in Ifrit and Moogle weapons. And maybe even Shposhae gear too.

But for the Ifrit and Moogle weapons I was figuring a trade in value of 10,000 Grand Company seals per weapon drop.

Shposhae can be 50 or below, since they're relatively easy to collect. No greater than 80-100 I'd say.

But the good thing about making these rare primal weapons trade-able is that for the people who basically already have all the weapons, they can go back and help set up more frequent primal parties for people who are new or who haven't had the time to participate as much, like me, and be able to join more frequent, experienced, primal parties.

And it's another great incentive and way to encourage people to replay the content for great rewards and great fun to help others get the weapons they want to keep or trade in if they already have it.
    (0)

Community Rep
    Heya everyone. ^^

The dev. team decided to add Ifrit weapons to the list of items that can be turned in for Grand Company seals from Expeditionary Missions in the upcoming 1.22b patch!

We'll continue to evaluate adding more primal-related weapons to the list of items that can be traded in the future!
    (40)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

1.22b = inventory + 9

i do note the lack of moogle weapons there but if needs be ill spirit bond them and trade in ifrits
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Heya everyone. ^^

The dev. team decided to add Ifrit weapons to the list of items that can be turned in for Grand Company seals from Expeditionary Missions in the upcoming 1.22b patch!

We'll continue to evaluate adding more primal-related weapons to the list of items that can be traded in the future!
    ok, this sounds like a trap
    give too little seals, peoples will definitely rage
    give too much seals, (some) peoples will whine on it
    oh what to do, what to do..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast