Player
    Character
    Vevri Arctyria
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlachtga View Post
    My scenario is actually "in my experience, people don't want unsolicited advice, so I don't provide it."

The discussion as a whole is unchanged.

The part which I specifically called lazy is the scenario where at the start of a fight, everyone's ready for the pull and then one person asks for a full rundown on the boss, in content that has been out for a while.

In my opinion, that's lazy because that information is readily available.

Everything else, I said was inconsiderate. There's a difference.

Also, I never said no one deserves help, and I never said I wouldn't give a "quick quip", or type out a "less than a single line". I said the situation doesn't present itself with any sort of frequency.
    You're literally reaching now.

The topic started as, go watch a guide instead of asking for help. The italicized part is half of the discussion we're having. Just because you can say people refuse to ask, or refuse to take in information, and didn't want the advice or help... why are we talking about them? As if they're going to go watch a guide, lol. But no, the topic is: If someone asks for unique boss mechanics, in the vast majority of content it isn't hard to lay down the couple there are present. That's not lazy, that's a pretty basic expectation when running a piece of content with a group of people in a MMORPG.

But it's pretty clear you're not wanting to discuss this in the scope of the thread's post and title, as in, people asking and requesting for help and whether or not they should receive it as you continually pull hyperbolic examples of people who actively do not want that, and those people are not who we're talking about if you read the topic post.

It's not inconsiderate to ask for boss mechs in normal content, it's inconsiderate to tell them to piss off.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tlachtga Ereshkigal
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaray View Post
    You're literally reaching now.
    Whatever you say, brother.

I've already stated my opinion on the topic, if you don't like it, simply say that you disagree and move on if it irritates you.

It's not inconsiderate to ask for boss mechs in normal content, it's inconsiderate to tell them to piss off.
    When did I say that? Oh that's right, I didn't.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Derio Uzumaki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I actually give tips but only after the first wipe. I think people learn better by recognizing why they died as opposed to someone holding their hand and telling them when to dodge everything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Devon Ellwood
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I am really bad at learning a fight by watching a video or by reading a guide. I have issues with being overloaded with information. I remember for the sigmascape fights, the story ones, I would watch a video several times. I also had to stop the video, process information and back the video up and re-watch parts. Even after all that I was still confused for certain parts. After the fight, I would watch the video again to see where things went wrong. After a few more clears I wondered how I found the fight confusing to begin with. It wasn't the fight itself, it was the videos. For some reason I just struggled with how the information was presented, but I was able to understand the video after I saw the fight. Not everyone learns the same way and videos or written guides can sometimes not help or even be detrimental to learning a fight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    This is why I don't run roulettes. The only dungeons and raids I've run are ones required for the MSQ, and a few repeats to get my level up for the next stage. To run a roulette, I'd have to review ALL the guides for any of the dungeons that might come up, since I haven't run them enough recently to remember all the mechanics.
    (1)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16