Player
    Character
    Flagrante Delicto
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67

Direct Chat Problem (Continues)

Continuing my earlier thread, which was closed (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...t-Chat-Problem), I'm still having issues with logging in and having the direct chat bug even though direct chat isn't enabled.

The suggestion by the moderator the delete the locally-saved data folder may have worked, however it also deleted all my saved variables such as macros, and ui settings (thanks for the warning ). I thought I had uploaded them to the cloud but it seems it didnt work. Luckily I did save the folder and reinstalled it and the settings all restored themselves however the bug returned.

So I have tried everything including checking and unchecking the direct chat button, relogging, logging in different characters, quitting and restarting but none seem to fix the problem. It always seems to come back every time I log in.

Please help!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flagrante Delicto
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    No-one else suffering from a similar problem?
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

To clarify, when you deleted the locally-saved data folder, the issue went away, correct? It only returned when you moved the folder back?

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flagrante Delicto
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 67
    Not sure if it wasn't present when the folder was deleted because I was so shocked that all of character setups, macro's, etc were reset to default, ie I had nothing.
    Now that I know I have uploaded my character to the cloud, I'll give it another crack. Not hopeful however.
    (0)
    Last edited by TheCutter; 05-22-2019 at 03:35 PM.