Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    As far as race-specific gear goes, I personally would only consider the starting garb to be actual racial gear. Those sets speak more to the personality of each race, hempen items are just the chonies. :X
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Chris Von'greven
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    +1

I want to use male Au ra hempen on my male Miqo'te
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamorian View Post
    You still haven't used the word practical correctly. Clothing can be altered to fit various size and shapes. Yes, "But I could X IRL!" and most other examples given do make sense.

Why though? Races already differentiate themselves with racial features. Clothing is not needed to tell races apart.

And you are still using the word logical incorrectly. You probably should stop using those words. They are not helping your argument when you can't use them correctly. Yes, it may be set to be race specific as intended, but then that may also just be a leftover from 1.0 days when Nobuaki Komoto ws director of FF14 and current FF14 team may not feel it is worth the resources needed to convert the gear for other races because demand isn't high enough yet.
    How real life works is irrelevant in a game, as is the work involved if it was a design decision. If you can't wrap your head around this don't attack me for misunderstanding a wrongly used term. They're not arguments.

I told you why. This is a game where mechanics work a certain way merely because someone said so to create an outcome. Racially specific gear. That's how they work, they don't need a publicly visible reason for why they did everything. Races largely share the same body within sexes with the only significant differences being the head and tails. Sizes are barely any different between races except for Roegadyn and Lalafell. Yes, and my opinion is that races should have more than just their body to differentiate them, even SE recognizes this as a valid point from the other thread. I also feel like there should be more restricted gear made. Work within the restrictions and make something better instead of pining over them.

They were already changed from 1.0 that had separated items for each, still racially locked, to the items we have now when they removed their slots to save space.

People pay to play this game. If there is enough demand to warrant the cost and resources, I'm sure SE would make the change. It's the reason why some items are on the Mog Station now and why males can wear bunny outfits.
    Majority of it has little to do with anything but how much money they can make off it. Numerous people also wanted more things added that were obtainable by playing the game instead of feeding the one way cash drain.

Talking about racial clothing only:
    Current status: Only Hyur can wear A, only Miqo'te can wear B, only Lalafell can wear C, etc. Homogenized within the races.
    More Homogenization: All races can only wear A. There are no other options.
    Less Homogenization: Hyur can wear C top and B bottoms, Miqo'te can wear B top and A bottoms, etc.

Tell me again how more options equals more homogenization? Your mind must work some twisted and convoluted logic to come to that conclusion.
    When everyone has everything, it's all the same. Restrictions serve a purpose, just because you don't like it doesn't make it arbitrary.

Your only argument so far I've see is "Gear is locked to race so it should stay locked as race only because thats the way I like it" and so we should keep the gear as is just because... Sorry, I and others do not accept such a weak argument.
    "MUH UNLOCKED HEMPEN!!!!!!!! RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

You're welcome to keep getting offended that I don't share your opinion. Nobody needs or cares about yours or others acceptance. Try not to fall off that ivory pillar.
    (2)

Player
    @Tiraelina

Well, let’s just agree to disagree. With the amount of up votes this thread is getting, I would say it’s a pretty good chance that this will get answered by Yoshida soon. As for Yoshida’s answer? Who knows. He could say yes, he could say no.

As I said previously, we can disagree with each other in a civil manner, not in such a hostile and/or passive aggressive tone. You don’t have to sound so salty. It’s just glam. If it’s unlocked, it’s unlocked. If it isn’t, it isn’t.
    (12)
    Last edited by CraftOs; 05-17-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Player
    Character
    Elan Centauri
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    How real life works is irrelevant in a game, as is the work involved if it was a design decision. If you can't wrap your head around this don't attack me for misunderstanding a wrongly used term. They're not arguments.

I told you why. This is a game where mechanics work a certain way merely because someone said so to create an outcome. Racially specific gear. That's how they work, they don't need a publicly visible reason for why they did everything. Races largely share the same body within sexes with the only significant differences being the head and tails. Sizes are barely any different between races except for Roegadyn and Lalafell. Yes, and my opinion is that races should have more than just their body to differentiate them, even SE recognizes this as a valid point from the other thread. I also feel like there should be more restricted gear made. Work within the restrictions and make something better instead of pining over them.

They were already changed from 1.0 that had separated items for each, still racially locked, to the items we have now when they removed their slots to save space.

Majority of it has little to do with anything but how much money they can make off it. Numerous people also wanted more things added that were obtainable by playing the game instead of feeding the one way cash drain.

When everyone has everything, it's all the same. Restrictions serve a purpose, just because you don't like it doesn't make it arbitrary.

"MUH UNLOCKED HEMPEN!!!!!!!! RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

You're welcome to keep getting offended that I don't share your opinion. Nobody needs or cares about yours or others acceptance. Try not to fall off that ivory pillar.
    That's an awful lot of salt over something so trivial. Personally, I don't really care if they stayed locked or unlocked, but I'm also supportive of having more options so...if it means more options I say bring them on.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Sanna Rosewood
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The only thing that is locked is the outward appearance which concerning recently SE has put a few of the male tops on different races than what their tops would show. I want to say there's even a non Elezen npc that is wearing the female Elezen top. So, they can obviously separate the outward appearance from the races if they want to.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nagafusa Avagnar
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I would like a male tank top. Thought I found one but it was just a hempen top, and it looks like a damn harness on me.

WHY!?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    R'lileen Min'enoth
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Full agree. This said, I would be glad they drop the lock for all races start stuffs.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Skaenborn Kelthyrtsyn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdima View Post
    I would like a male tank top. Thought I found one but it was just a hempen top, and it looks like a damn harness on me.

WHY!?

It’s basically a crop top on male Roegadyns. It’s so close to a tank top that I bet there are mods for it. Sadly i’m a PS4 player.
    (3)

Player
    Everyone, attention everyone. Do we have the large amount of support along with an ingredient called thread activity? We do? Great! Time to start the “Community Rep Response” ritual.

*does creepy chanting for hours*
    (5)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast