Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107
  1. #61
    Player
    maevasera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    8
    Character
    Maeva Sera
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I want hempen racial gear to be unlocked for ALL races and hopefully genders too. I want my Au Ra to be able to wear the Miqo hempen top very bad. Please Yoshi!
    (8)

  2. #62
    Player
    Usernamewastaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3
    Character
    Raine Hydel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I just want the female Midlander hempen outfit for all races, and with 2 new races coming we'll, I assume, get even more.
    (5)
    "I was out of the frying pan and into the freezer, I thought I was going to die here."

  3. #63
    Player
    Tiraelina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    468
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    Well for starters, let’s get rid of the term “gear”, as this is glam, not “gear”. There are plenty of things in this game that were intended by design, such as RNG in crafting, and more. But they can easily get changed if the community demands it to be changed, which, it seems to be headed in that direction.

    Lastly, this is where it ends. It’s not practical nor logical to have this lvl 1 glam that’s been here for years to remain race locked for another 5 or 7 years. Also, “iconic” is the relating to or of the nature of an icon. Those glams themselves are an icon. The races themselves have more known emotes and animations than they do glam.

    If you want that changed, start your own thread and see if it gets forwarded to Yoshida. Maybe you’ll get a response you want.
    Why? Does calling it gear threaten your efforts to diminutize it? Everything you can wear is gear. Making your own definitions up doesn't change that. Games aren't design by the community, they just get to give feedback.

    It's perfectly practical and logical to keep them unique as they are. Only those races can use them, any time you see them you know it's that race. It identifies them whether you like it or not.
    (2)

  4. #64
    Player
    Thamorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    237
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    Why? Does calling it gear threaten your efforts to diminutize it? Everything you can wear is gear. Making your own definitions up doesn't change that. Games aren't design by the community, they just get to give feedback.

    It's perfectly practical and logical to keep them unique as they are. Only those races can use them, any time you see them you know it's that race. It identifies them whether you like it or not.
    How is it practical or logical to keep them as they are? I don't think you know what those words mean.
    (11)
    Looking to join a Free Company on Gilgamesh? Come check Beastmode out! Mists Ward 1 Plot 15!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/369259-Gilgamesh-Beastmode-FC-Always-Welcoming-New-Members
    Beastmode Discord: https://discord.gg/r9cHqaX

  5. #65
    Player CraftOs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    145
    Character
    Obtaining Signature
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    Why? Does calling it gear threaten your efforts to diminutize it? Everything you can wear is gear. Making your own definitions up doesn't change that. Games aren't design by the community, they just get to give feedback.

    It's perfectly practical and logical to keep them unique as they are. Only those races can use them, any time you see them you know it's that race. It identifies them whether you like it or not.
    Whoa whoa, no need to get hostile, lol. We as a community come up with our own jargon, and “gear” just simply isn’t the correct term to use for what you are describing. That would be glam/glamour items.

    Also...no. Just no. If you can’t distinguish a particular race from another by simply looking at their proportions, that is more of a personal issue I believe. What distinguishes them is their race. Not clothing. That makes absolutely no sense.
    (10)

  6. #66
    Player
    Tiraelina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    468
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamorian View Post
    How is it practical or logical to keep them as they are? I don't think you know what those words mean.
    This was never a question of practicality or logic in the first place. It was a straight desire to want more homogenization.

    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    Whoa whoa, no need to get hostile, lol. We as a community come up with our own jargon, and “gear” just simply isn’t the correct term to use for what you are describing. That would be glam/glamour items.

    Also...no. Just no. If you can’t distinguish a particular race from another by simply looking at their proportions, that is more of a personal issue I believe. What distinguishes them is their race. Not clothing. That makes absolutely no sense.
    It's still part of that race at the end of the day.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tiraelina; 05-17-2019 at 03:38 AM.

  7. #67
    Player CraftOs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    145
    Character
    Obtaining Signature
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    This was never a question of practicality or logic in the first place. It was a straight desire to want more homogenization.
    You are ignoring the bigger picture here. It doesn’t matter what you personally want. It matters what the community wants as a whole. There are plenty of things in this game that shouldn’t have happened...that happened, because it was in demand.

    Let’s say Yoshida answers this question, and says “We are working on this, please look forward to it!” All of what you said will now be irrelevant, because what was asked was in demand. If Yoshida says the complete opposite, all of what we said will be irrelevant.
    (8)

  8. #68
    Player
    Thamorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    237
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    This was never a question of practicality or logic in the first place. It was a straight desire to want more homogenization.



    It's still part of that race at the end of the day.
    But you just said "It's perfectly practical and logical to keep them unique as they are." and I'm just asking you to defend that statement. Also, asking to open the glamour options isn't homogenization, its allowing for more diverse glamour combinations.
    (11)
    Looking to join a Free Company on Gilgamesh? Come check Beastmode out! Mists Ward 1 Plot 15!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/369259-Gilgamesh-Beastmode-FC-Always-Welcoming-New-Members
    Beastmode Discord: https://discord.gg/r9cHqaX

  9. #69
    Player
    Tiraelina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    468
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    You are ignoring the bigger picture here. It doesn’t matter what you personally want. It matters what the community wants as a whole. There are plenty of things in this game that shouldn’t have happened...that happened, because it was in demand.

    Let’s say Yoshida answers this question, and says “We are working on this, please look forward to it!” All of what you said will now be irrelevant, because what was asked was in demand. If Yoshida says the complete opposite, all of what we said will be irrelevant.
    Feedback works both ways. What YoshiP says has no bearing on what I have to say. I value there being race specific things and would even want more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thamorian View Post
    But you just said "It's perfectly practical and logical to keep them unique as they are." and I'm just asking you to defend that statement. Also, asking to open the glamour options isn't homogenization, its allowing for more diverse glamour combinations.
    Practical? Those reasons that "But I could X IRL!" and other various examples of how it just doesn't make sense?

    This is a game and this is a restriction creating racially specific gear.

    Logically it's already serving it's purpose exactly as intended. Injecting the "but I don't think..." doesn't change that. Any degree of time that has passed doesn't either.

    This can very easily be turned right back against you with the history of how much difficulty SE has doing anything that the work involved isn't practical or logical to them either. The new races are a prime example. They didn't feel tail holes were worth it either and now we have more than female miqo'te with a tail.

    It is homogenization when it's unique to the race, this isn't bunny outfits.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tiraelina; 05-17-2019 at 04:24 AM.

  10. #70
    Player
    Thamorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    237
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    Feedback works both ways. What YoshiP says has no bearing on what I have to say. I value there being race specific things and would even want more.

    Practical? Those reasons that "But I could X IRL!" and other various examples of how it just doesn't make sense?
    You still haven't used the word practical correctly. Clothing can be altered to fit various size and shapes. Yes, "But I could X IRL!" and most other examples given do make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    This is a game and this is a restriction creating racially specific gear.
    Why though? Races already differentiate themselves with racial features. Clothing is not needed to tell races apart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    Logically it's already serving it's purpose exactly as intended. Injecting the "but I don't think..." doesn't change that. Any degree of time that has passed doesn't either.
    And you are still using the word logical incorrectly. You probably should stop using those words. They are not helping your argument when you can't use them correctly. Yes, it may be set to be race specific as intended, but then that may also just be a leftover from 1.0 days when Nobuaki Komoto ws director of FF14 and current FF14 team may not feel it is worth the resources needed to convert the gear for other races because demand isn't high enough yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    This can very easily be turned right back against you with the history of how much difficulty SE has doing anything that the work involved isn't practical or logical to them either. The new races are a prime example. They didn't feel tail holes were worth it either and now we have more than 1 race with a tail.
    People pay to play this game. If there is enough demand to warrant the cost and resources, I'm sure SE would make the change. It's the reason why some items are on the Mog Station now and why males can wear bunny outfits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    It is homogenization when it's unique to the race, this isn't bunny outfits.
    Talking about racial clothing only:
    Current status: Only Hyur can wear A, only Miqo'te can wear B, only Lalafell can wear C, etc. Homogenized within the races.
    More Homogenization: All races can only wear A. There are no other options.
    Less Homogenization: Hyur can wear C top and B bottoms, Miqo'te can wear B top and A bottoms, etc.

    Tell me again how more options equals more homogenization? Your mind must work some twisted and convoluted logic to come to that conclusion.

    Your only argument so far I've see is "Gear is locked to race so it should stay locked as race only because thats the way I like it" and so we should keep the gear as is just because... Sorry, I and others do not accept such a weak argument.
    (14)
    Last edited by Thamorian; 05-17-2019 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Looking to join a Free Company on Gilgamesh? Come check Beastmode out! Mists Ward 1 Plot 15!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/369259-Gilgamesh-Beastmode-FC-Always-Welcoming-New-Members
    Beastmode Discord: https://discord.gg/r9cHqaX

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast