Player
    Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    Id be up for more racial lock gear that actually represents the race in some way,
    But these hempen sets are just so basic like "some" racial hair styles should have been unlocked from get go.
    Agreed, there is no cultural or lore significance to this underwear - Most of it being from 1.0.

I'd really like to be able to wear the Lalafells Hempen camise, maybe it wont turn the bloody Quaintrelle's Ruffled Skirt into nothing!
    (11)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Niqote View Post
    Agreed, there is no cultural or lore significance to this underwear - Most of it being from 1.0.

I'd really like to be able to wear the Lalafells Hempen camise, maybe it wont turn the bloody Quaintrelle's Ruffled Skirt into nothing!
    Sounds like people just wanting things to stay exclusive, but it’s not like we are asking for much. Or just being greedy. Just a single outfit to have it’s appearances unlocked for all races.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I am for the hempen being unlocked, but it would be cool to see additional racial clothing released. After seeing how the 2 Au Ra clans dress/act their racial gear doesn't really reflect who they are. Heck, even the Miqo'te's gear doesn't make all that much sense either.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    Sounds like people just wanting things to stay exclusive, but it’s not like we are asking for much. Or just being greedy. Just a single outfit to have it’s appearances unlocked for all races.
    Considering the bodies have barely any variation before or after gear goes on the hempen and starter gear is arguably more iconic to the races than you're trying to downplay them as.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tiraelina; 05-16-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rhaya Okami
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Count me in!

I like to see various race locked styles and I like that every race/gender has different outfits when they start, but thinking of it, it doesn't make much sense. Clothing can be made for lots of different bodies (I know it's a game and not RL).
    I mean everyone can wear the 'typical' Au Ra tribe clothing: .
    For example I really would like to wear the female Au Ra hempen, because I think it's really cute and even though I like the Miqo'te hempen, it sometimes is a to simple for my taste.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    Considering the bodies have barely any variation before or after gear goes on the hempen and starter gear is arguably more iconic to the races than you're trying to downplay them as.
    It’s literally just a glam, it’s really not as deep as you make it out to be. But hey, like I said before, we all have different opinions.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Lion Da'proerd
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

We really need it!

I would love to see the kitties using the hyur highlander hempen camise style hhehe
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Luna Sol
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Support, unlock the different hempen styles for all races. Make them high level glam gear like raincoats or ruffled sets if need be. People need to stop going "MUH EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!!! RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" There is no significant story reason for hempen clothing to be racially locked. It really looks like it was an arbitrary design choice, maybe a leftover design choice from 1.0.
    (7)
    Looking to join a Free Company on Gilgamesh? Come check Beastmode out! Mists Ward 1 Plot 15!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/369259-Gilgamesh-Beastmode-FC-Always-Welcoming-New-Members
    Beastmode Discord: https://discord.gg/wSVS4V7

Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    It’s literally just a glam, it’s really not as deep as you make it out to be. But hey, like I said before, we all have different opinions.
    Just a glam unique to those races. Iconic means it identifies those races. That they were made this way makes it more than just another opinion. This was by design, not limitations. I don't know where you get "deep" out of this.

Like someone else said, where does it end? When are you going to want fake tails/ears/horns from the other races? How about the actual starting gear that's been used to represent those races in other games?

Races having their own flavour of gear isn't a bad thing.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    Just a glam unique to those races. Iconic means it identifies those races. That they were made this way makes it more than just another opinion. This was by design, not limitations. I don't know where you get "deep" out of this.

Like someone else said, where does it end? When are you going to want fake tails/ears/horns from the other races? How about the actual starting gear that's been used to represent those races in other games?

Races having their own flavour of gear isn't a bad thing.
    Well for starters, let’s get rid of the term “gear”, as this is glam, not “gear”. There are plenty of things in this game that were intended by design, such as RNG in crafting, and more. But they can easily get changed if the community demands it to be changed, which, it seems to be headed in that direction.

Lastly, this is where it ends. It’s not practical nor logical to have this lvl 1 glam that’s been here for years to remain race locked for another 5 or 7 years. Also, “iconic” is the relating to or of the nature of an icon. Those glams themselves are an icon. The races themselves have more known emotes and animations than they do glam.

If you want that changed, start your own thread and see if it gets forwarded to Yoshida. Maybe you’ll get a response you want.
    (6)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast