Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Id be up for more racial lock gear that actually represents the race in some way,
    But these hempen sets are just so basic like "some" racial hair styles should have been unlocked from get go.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Yeah, but then you have cultural appropriation. People slammed the devs when they added the native style glamour gear. And any cultural garb technically fits anyone.
    People also laughed at the individuals who got so uptight about it.

Still though. Funny that this argument didn't show up with the release of Stormblood and the influx of Asian-style clothing...

I support unlocking the hempen sets. I'd love for my Hyur alt to wear the Miqo'te hempen shirt paired with a shirt for a cute dress look (e.g., Miqo'te hempen top + Eastern Beauty's skirt makes for a really cute dress).
    (8)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    People also laughed at the individuals who got so uptight about it.

Still though. Funny that this argument didn't show up with the release of Stormblood and the influx of Asian-style clothing...

I support unlocking the hempen sets. I'd love for my Hyur alt to wear the Miqo'te hempen shirt paired with a shirt for a cute dress look (e.g., Miqo'te hempen top + Eastern Beauty's skirt makes for a really cute dress).
    Oh I agree, it is funny. Same with the noble attire from ishgard, and the church garb.

If they are going to unlock racial gear, I'd prefer they add new racial sets as well. Give us a new set of RSE, like, a more advanced version or the starting clothes or a different take on them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xiaomu Xiang
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Yeah, but then you have cultural appropriation. People slammed the devs when they added the native style glamour gear. And any cultural garb technically fits anyone.
    If it's who I'm thinking of, then that person is in the same category as that Shark Fin Soup guy as far as I'm concerned.

And yeah, I don't see any reason why the hempen styles (or certain hairstyles for that matter) should remain race locked. If they really want more things race locked, then add more racial based gear to please that crowd. But then again, I'm the guy who wants the Hyur thighboots/skirt/gloves for his catgirl.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I typically support exclusive sets of gear, even though it pains me sometimes (can't even begin tell you how badly I want my Midlander to be able to wear Miqo'te RSE). Admittedly I haven't had much of an issue with the hempen sets because the Midlander one is my favorite out of all of them. However, my support for exclusivity rallies behind keeping an identity intact such as job/gender/race, along with diversity within the game.

When it comes to hempen sets though there isn't a whole lot to keep intact, and the sets themselves are very diverse as is for the most part. It's just a hempen set. It just might snow in June this year folks because I actually support this unlock.
    (7)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    I typically support exclusive sets of gear, even though it pains me sometimes (can't even begin tell you how badly I want my Midlander to be able to wear Miqo'te RSE). Admittedly I haven't had much of an issue with the hempen sets because the Midlander one is my favorite out of all of them. However, my support for exclusivity rallies behind keeping an identity intact such as job/gender/race, along with diversity within the game.

When it comes to hempen sets though there isn't a whole lot to keep intact, and the sets themselves are very diverse as is for the most part. It's just a hempen set. It just might snow in June this year folks because I actually support this unlock.
    That’s the spirit :P
    (4)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    No thanks, I'd like to keep RSE, even if it's not technically RSE.
    I'm in support of more RSE, not less!
    (3)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Geez, a lot of people are against the Hempen Appearance being accessible to all races. Makes me wonder how those old threads got so many up votes. Guess times have changed?

Edit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...pen-set-styles

Actually, it just seems like the players who did support it just don’t post anymore. That’s a shame.
    (3)
    Last edited by CraftOs; 05-16-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    Geez, a lot of people are against the Hempen Appearance being accessible to all races. Makes me wonder how those old threads got so many up votes. Guess times have changed?

Edit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...pen-set-styles

Actually, it just seems like the players who did support it just don’t post anymore. That’s a shame.
    That thread got responses from a community rep and was linked to on reddit, that's how it got that many upvotes.
    (2)

Player

Unlock, please. Signed!
    (3)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast