Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107
  1. #41
    Player
    Duskane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Posts
    1,869
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Id be up for more racial lock gear that actually represents the race in some way,
    But these hempen sets are just so basic like "some" racial hair styles should have been unlocked from get go.
    (8)

  2. #42
    Player
    HyoMinPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Lavender Beds, Ward 13, Plot 41
    Posts
    5,449
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Yeah, but then you have cultural appropriation. People slammed the devs when they added the native style glamour gear. And any cultural garb technically fits anyone.
    People also laughed at the individuals who got so uptight about it.

    Still though. Funny that this argument didn't show up with the release of Stormblood and the influx of Asian-style clothing...



    I support unlocking the hempen sets. I'd love for my Hyur alt to wear the Miqo'te hempen shirt paired with a shirt for a cute dress look (e.g., Miqo'te hempen top + Eastern Beauty's skirt makes for a really cute dress).
    (8)

    Dancer | Bard | (Retired for now) Astrologian

    願い続けます この場所で
    どうか幸せでありますように・・・
    Feel free to add me on Discord if you want a friend or just someone to talk to: Hyomin Park#0055
    Signature was made using: http://ff14card.tank.jp ; Credits to the creator!

  3. #43
    Player
    Valkyrie_Lenneth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    3,491
    Character
    Lynne Arkwright
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    People also laughed at the individuals who got so uptight about it.

    Still though. Funny that this argument didn't show up with the release of Stormblood and the influx of Asian-style clothing...



    I support unlocking the hempen sets. I'd love for my Hyur alt to wear the Miqo'te hempen shirt paired with a shirt for a cute dress look (e.g., Miqo'te hempen top + Eastern Beauty's skirt makes for a really cute dress).
    Oh I agree, it is funny. Same with the noble attire from ishgard, and the church garb.


    If they are going to unlock racial gear, I'd prefer they add new racial sets as well. Give us a new set of RSE, like, a more advanced version or the starting clothes or a different take on them.
    (3)

  4. #44
    Player
    LLSmoothJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    288
    Character
    Xiaomu Xiang
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Yeah, but then you have cultural appropriation. People slammed the devs when they added the native style glamour gear. And any cultural garb technically fits anyone.
    If it's who I'm thinking of, then that person is in the same category as that Shark Fin Soup guy as far as I'm concerned.

    And yeah, I don't see any reason why the hempen styles (or certain hairstyles for that matter) should remain race locked. If they really want more things race locked, then add more racial based gear to please that crowd. But then again, I'm the guy who wants the Hyur thighboots/skirt/gloves for his catgirl.
    (6)

  5. #45
    Player
    Gemina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Dravania
    Posts
    2,773
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 76
    I typically support exclusive sets of gear, even though it pains me sometimes (can't even begin tell you how badly I want my Midlander to be able to wear Miqo'te RSE). Admittedly I haven't had much of an issue with the hempen sets because the Midlander one is my favorite out of all of them. However, my support for exclusivity rallies behind keeping an identity intact such as job/gender/race, along with diversity within the game.

    When it comes to hempen sets though there isn't a whole lot to keep intact, and the sets themselves are very diverse as is for the most part. It's just a hempen set. It just might snow in June this year folks because I actually support this unlock.
    (7)


    "Woe betide the man who stands opposed to or with the Weapon of Light, for death will be his reward. Death for him and his kin and all he holds dear."

  6. #46
    Player CraftOs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    145
    Character
    Obtaining Signature
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    I typically support exclusive sets of gear, even though it pains me sometimes (can't even begin tell you how badly I want my Midlander to be able to wear Miqo'te RSE). Admittedly I haven't had much of an issue with the hempen sets because the Midlander one is my favorite out of all of them. However, my support for exclusivity rallies behind keeping an identity intact such as job/gender/race, along with diversity within the game.

    When it comes to hempen sets though there isn't a whole lot to keep intact, and the sets themselves are very diverse as is for the most part. It's just a hempen set. It just might snow in June this year folks because I actually support this unlock.
    That’s the spirit :P
    (4)

  7. #47
    Player
    Canadane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    4,920
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    No thanks, I'd like to keep RSE, even if it's not technically RSE.
    I'm in support of more RSE, not less!
    (3)

    http://king.canadane.com

  8. #48
    Player CraftOs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    145
    Character
    Obtaining Signature
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Geez, a lot of people are against the Hempen Appearance being accessible to all races. Makes me wonder how those old threads got so many up votes. Guess times have changed?

    Edit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...pen-set-styles

    Actually, it just seems like the players who did support it just don’t post anymore. That’s a shame.
    (3)
    Last edited by CraftOs; 05-16-2019 at 12:41 PM.

  9. #49
    Player
    Fawkes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,254
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftOs View Post
    Geez, a lot of people are against the Hempen Appearance being accessible to all races. Makes me wonder how those old threads got so many up votes. Guess times have changed?

    Edit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...pen-set-styles

    Actually, it just seems like the players who did support it just don’t post anymore. That’s a shame.
    That thread got responses from a community rep and was linked to on reddit, that's how it got that many upvotes.
    (2)

  10. #50
    Player
    VardakxArkelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    44
    Character
    Kyral Rilann
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Unlock, please. Signed!
    (3)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast