Player
    Character
    Luke Lightbringer
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuen View Post
    Always comes back to the Legacy Tattoo and Legacy Chocobo. And no, they should not become available again, by any means. They're considered rewards to those that were around and chose to support the game in it's roughest times, aka 1.0.

You want Tats available as a customization option, by all means. You want that Tat in particular and that particular Chocobo, then no. Sorry for your luck.

Incoming quotes of "greeedy!!" and "entitlement!!!"

Be there or be square. Reap the rewards. And one that I like to think I coined. Not there, forfeit share.
    I personally don’t care what they do or don’t make available on Mogstation I’m just tired of people acting like SE killed their cat or something every-time something like this happens.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kyuuen Queles
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SerLuke View Post
    I personally don’t care what they do or don’t make available on Mogstation I’m just tired of people acting like SE killed their cat or something every-time something like this happens.
    That's fair and understandable.

I just don't like people trying equate bonus event items to that of Legacy Reward items. One is a neat thought the other are actual rewards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iphriana Dirkalan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    The way I see it, and you're welcome to disagree, it's the deal itself that was exclusive, not the items, necessarily (even if the minions are never sold again). I mean, think about it. As has been pointed out, $30 netted you access to the Fanfest stream, 4 account-wide tokens for an outfit of your choice, and an account-wide minion.

Single outfit: $12
    Single minion: $7 (based off this year's Fanfest minions on the Mogstation if I'm not mistaken)
    Total cost of bonus items: $19 per stream. Easily close to 2/3 of the cost of the ticket itself.

If you only bought the stream for the items, you effectively paid an extra $11 dollars for the additional perk of the bonus items being account-wide, an exclusive deal that will likely never be offered again. That was my takeaway from it, anyway. Maybe I'm just weird, but this is why I'm finding it hard to understand why this is such a big deal in this scenario.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tiraelina Kyara
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hash_Browns View Post
    Except that people wouldn't have had to buy a new console because the game was announced on Xbox 2 years before its release to be released side-by-side with the PS release.
    What are examples.

I'll also point out this is how current console exclusivity is being advertised, as exclusive, not timed exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
    The FF10 sets were never stated to be exclusive. Simply that you would get 1 of the sets for each livestream ticket you purchased.
    The image linked to right below your post and on page 11 of the relevant email very clearly states "Last chance to obtain FINAL FANTASY X gear and minions".

Quote Originally Posted by Nohta View Post
    The way I see it, and you're welcome to disagree, it's the deal itself that was exclusive, not the items, necessarily (even if the minions are never sold again). I mean, think about it. As has been pointed out, $30 netted you access to the Fanfest stream, 4 account-wide tokens for an outfit of your choice, and an account-wide minion.

Single outfit: $12
    Single minion: $7 (based off this year's Fanfest minions on the Mogstation if I'm not mistaken)
    Total cost of bonus items: $19 per stream. Easily close to 2/3 of the cost of the ticket itself.

If you only bought the stream for the items, you effectively paid an extra $11 dollars for the additional perk of the bonus items being account-wide, an exclusive deal that will likely never be offered again. That was my takeaway from it, anyway. Maybe I'm just weird, but this is why I'm finding it hard to understand why this is such a big deal in this scenario.
    It kind of falls apart when the email directly stated "Last chance to obtain FINAL FANTASY X gear and minions" along with the bolded red "LAST CHANCE TO GET BONUS ITEMS" at the top and no mention of pricing or deals. Last chance doesn't have a double meaning, it doesn't mean it'll come back later.

Even if it was what you think, we're just going deeper down the rabbit hole of deceptive marketing tactics. There's a reason we have consumer protections in place. These practices aren't just one off's and someone needs to slap this industry with a lawsuit to get it under control.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tiraelina; 05-16-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sigrun Helasdottir
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Let people enjoy thier pixels that they have to pay for for each character they want those pixels on.
    (3)
    "Sometimes I wonder I heal for fun. or if I heal because I'm a glutton for punishment."

Player
    Character
    Neoyoshi Kaligawa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I feel like Ron Swanson should just come in and break everyone's tiara, so that way, no one has a tiara.

But in all seriousness, if you really wanted something to stay exclusive, you should have bought it from rockstar games instead.
    (0)

Journey to all fish: 1214/1514 (300 remaining) [80%]

Player
    Character
    Hash Browns
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiraelina View Post
    What are examples.

I'll also point out this is how current console exclusivity is being advertised, as exclusive, not timed exclusive.
    Current console "exclusivity" isn't actually exclusivity. You have to read the fine print. They are usually exclusive for a set amount of time at which point ports may be made.

It kind of falls apart when the email directly stated "Last chance to obtain FINAL FANTASY X gear and minions" along with the bolded red "LAST CHANCE TO GET BONUS ITEMS" at the top and no mention of pricing or deals. Last chance doesn't have a double meaning, it doesn't mean it'll come back later.

Even if it was what you think, we're just going deeper down the rabbit hole of deceptive marketing tactics. There's a reason we have consumer protections in place. These practices aren't just one off's and someone needs to slap this industry with a lawsuit to get it under control.
    This falls under the same thing. The fine Print.
    No one is suing companies for doing this because they have stipulations in place to prevent it.

If you look at it form just the surface level, sure, it looks like they are doing something horrible, but they have fine print & other legal crap that you agree to prevent them from being sued later on if they want to re-release it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Hash_Browns; 05-16-2019 at 02:08 AM.

8. 05-16-2019 02:07 AM
    Reason
    double post

Player
    Character
    Iphriana Dirkalan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Disclaimer: I use heavy emphasis in this post, but it's not my attention to attack; only to examine. I apologize in advance for any unintentional aggression.

Ignoring my own take on it for a moment, let's examine the language used on the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    Don't miss out on your last chance to obtain FINAL FANTASY X gear and minions by purchasing the Fan Festival stream archives!
    How this reads to me, taking it word for word, is that this is your last chance to purchase the stream archives to get the FFX items, because they would no longer be available because you would no longer be able to purchase the stream archives. Nothing in the language used here says to me that the gear "will not be made available again, so get them now while you can" However,
    Each of the three shows comes complete with a minion exclusive to each region - make sure to get all three if you want to complete your minion collection!
    the minions were said to be exclusive to each region's Fan Festival. Ergo, if they suddenly added those minions to the Mogstation, perhaps I'd be more understanding of the frustration.

That being said, it feels like people may be reading things that aren't explicitly said in that e-mail flyer. Looking into this further, straight from the 2016-17 Fan Festival site:
    Fan Festival 2016 in Tokyo (English) Live Stream Available for Purchase!
    A bonus item code for the Fan Festival 2016 in Tokyo-exclusive Wind-up Lulu minion, and your choice of either the Abes attire or High Summoner attire
    Look at the wording of this line from that page. If we parse this sequentially, word for word, we get that the Lulu minion is a Tokyo Fan Fest-exclusive, and you also get a choice of the two attires. The "exclusive modifier, as the line is written and as per my interpretation, does not apply to the attire, just the minion.
    Fan Festival 2016 in Las Vegas Live Stream Available for Purchase!
    A bonus item code for the Fan Festival 2016 in Las Vegas-exclusive Wind-up Rikku minion, and your choice of either the Abes attire or High Summoner attire
    In regards to the Las Vegas stream archive; the same thing applies here. And finally, from the Europe Fan Fest site,
    Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Live Stream Available for Purchase!
    A bonus item code for the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt-exclusive Wind-up Yuna minion, and your choice of either the Abes attire or High Summoner attire
    it's written the exact same way here as well. Mentions of the minion being exclusive but not the gear.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I did not commit too much research into this, so there could've been a source I missed, and I am only human. I can interpret things incorrectly or miss details here and there, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing to be argued here. Only the minions were, and remain, exclusive. Again, I could be wrong. This is only my interpretation and analysis of official materials. I can't present this as fact as I cannot be 100% sure of the intentions of Square Enix, the development team, or their partners for the Fan Festival.

TL;DR: In regards to the flyer posted earlier, the gear itself wasn't explicitly said to be exclusive to the Fan Fest streams; it was only said that it was the last chance to purchase the stream archives to get the items, which includes the gear. Only the minions were explicitly said to be exclusive, and the Fan Fest site blogs support this. If I missed anything, please feel free to bring it to my attention.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nohta; 05-16-2019 at 05:05 AM. Reason: slight rewording of one line

Player
    Character
    Allicia Capulet
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohta View Post
    Disclaimer: I use heavy emphasis in this post, but it's not my attention to attack; only to examine. I apologize in advance for any unintentional aggression.

Ignoring my own take on it for a moment, let's examine the language used on the picture.

How this reads to me, taking it word for word, is that this is your last chance to purchase the stream archives to get the FFX items, because they would no longer be available because you would no longer be able to purchase the stream archives. Nothing in the language used here says to me that the gear "will not be made available again, so get them now while you can" However,

the minions were said to be exclusive to each region's Fan Festival. Ergo, if they suddenly added those minions to the Mogstation, perhaps I'd be more understanding of the frustration.

That being said, it feels like people may be reading things that aren't explicitly said in that e-mail flyer. Looking into this further, straight from the 2016-17 Fan Festival site:

Look at the wording of this line from that page. If we parse this sequentially, word for word, we get that the Lulu minion is a Tokyo Fan Fest-exclusive, and you also get a choice of the two attires. The "exclusive modifier, as the line is written and as per my interpretation, does not apply to the attire, just the minion.

In regards to the Las Vegas stream archive; the same thing applies here. And finally, from the Europe Fan Fest site,

it's written the exact same way here as well. Mentions of the minion being exclusive but not the gear.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I did not commit too much research into this, so there could've been a source I missed, and I am only human. I can interpret things incorrectly or miss details here and there, but as far as I can tell, there's nothing to be argued here. Only the minions were, and remain, exclusive. Again, I could be wrong. This is only my interpretation and analysis of official materials. I can't present this as fact as I cannot be 100% sure of the intentions of Square Enix, the development team, or their partners for the Fan Festival.

TL;DR: In regards to the flyer posted earlier, the gear itself wasn't explicitly said to be exclusive to the Fan Fest streams; it was only said that it was the last chance to purchase the stream archives to get the items, which includes the gear. Only the minions were explicitly said to be exclusive, and the Fan Fest site blogs support this. If I missed anything, please feel free to bring it to my attention.
    And the title says last chance to get bonus items, which includes every items, and the words "last chance".
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kaynneth Menad
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliciaCapulet View Post
    And the title says last chance to get bonus items, which includes every items, and the words "last chance".
    Last chance to get those items as bonus for buying the stream. Doesn't exactly mean those items will never be available again.
    (3)

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast