Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    Honestly: Whatever changes have been decided on for the healers are already set in stone. There's no changing them at this point, we're just waiting for the announcements in a little less than 2 weeks to find out what they are.
    It's still ok to make suggestions and even speculate. Suggestion threads are a message in a bottle anyway. As long as that is understood and expectations kept as a reasonable level, suggest away.

WHM does need utility to be competitive, but suggesting they just move over 2 underutilized abilities from another job... yeah, that's not how you fix white mage.
    Sure it would, or at least make it a hell of a lot better than it is now. The OPs suggestion is exactly what I have been talking about recently here. SCH and AST are saturated with utility. So much so that some of it can be stripped from them and given to WHM without feeling like a nerf anvil comes crashing down on their gameplay. The alternative is to saturate WHM with utility. They would need to be able to increase raid damage, raid speed, raid defense as SCH and AST all have the ability to do so. Now there is no diversity, and if/when a fourth healer is introduced, they would need all of those same capabilities or we're right back where we are at now.

Healers need weaknesses that the strength of another healer compliments. That is balance. If the devs just give WHM all this utility to bring them up to the level of SCH and AST, then we basically just have three healers that essentially play the same. When a job has no weaknesses, it's OP.

Wiloh, I am completely on board with your suggestion. My worry is the devs are still going to fiddle around with heals and potencies, which won't fix anything.
    (2)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Sharl Llyntine
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'll probably cry if our new ShB abilities are literally taken from old, useless, boring abilities and slapped on us.
    (1)

Character
    Veis Alve'are
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    Sure it would, or at least make it a hell of a lot better than it is now
    Fey Wind is literally a less powerful Arrow (which is inferior to Spear and Balance not to mention Chain Stratagem) so no giving it to WHM wouldn't make things 'a hell of a lot better ' it would still mean WHM has the same core weakness that it has today.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Veis_Alveare View Post
    Fey Wind is literally a less powerful Arrow (which is inferior to Spear and Balance not to mention Chain Stratagem) so no giving it to WHM wouldn't make things 'a hell of a lot better ' it would still mean WHM has the same core weakness that it has today.
    Arrow is RNG, and less desirable than Spear and Balance. Plus card effects cannot be stacked. Selene is under utilized and fairy CDs are shared. You give WHM AoE haste and they immediately make all the abilities you just mentioned better when an AST or SCH is paired up with one. So no, you are entirely incorrect. Giving them this utility would IN FACT, make them a hell of a lot better than where they are right now.
    (2)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2