Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Raul Prower
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    There have been times when I've gotten some good value out of Vercure, sometimes to keep myself alive, and other times to keep the tank alive while I raise the healers, provided I have enough mana.

There have also been situations where someone is at around 50%, about to get hit by something, and a Vercure has narrowly saved them.

These are things I don't -have- to do and will hurt my DPS, but at the end of the day, I'd rather get through this fight than chase after 95th percentile.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jollyy5; 05-09-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nagini Kagon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    just going 2 say this vercure,pystick,chemistry needs to be removed the only ones who should have heals outside drain effects are healers period potions,drain hood enough 4 dps,tank when alone
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonTrifang View Post
    Woah! Some people actually agree with me!? That’s awesome! Everyone else made valid points too, but stepping on RDM toes isn’t a bad thing. Why make only one proper support DPS. Then again, Dancer might just have good healing and DPS. Who knows.
    Problem is that raid utility in a meta mindset is not healing. That's a healer's job, and they'll minimize too. Because the game allows it, simply.

I agree that "emergency situations" and solo content could be a reasonable argument, even if solo content has a whole tank pet and Sustain to do the job.
    I think RDMs and SMNs should have something along Manawall from BLM because casters have less HP, or something like Second Wind or Bloodbath. Because VerCure and Energy Drain are DPS loss in a raid context, unlike Manawall, Blood bath and Second wind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Physick removed from the ARC skill list
    SCH now learn Physick at 10

Fixed
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Physick removed from the ARC skill list
    SCH now learn Physick at 10

Fixed
    Nope, SCH has all ACN actions, even Sustain which is doesn't even need. Job crystals only teach actions from lvl 30 nothing before that, so the best thing is to Trait Physick for SMN (after lvl 30).
    (0)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    Nope, SCH has all ACN actions, even Sustain which is doesn't even need. Job crystals only teach actions from lvl 30 nothing before that, so the best thing is to Trait Physick for SMN (after lvl 30).
    They have figured out a way to let jobs just learn moves without job quest
    Nothing stops them having SCH learn physick at lvl 10 and just deleting it from Arc/smn
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    snip
    So what job learns something under level 30 that also has a base class?
    (0)

Character
    Korbin Dallas
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    They have figured out a way to let jobs just learn moves without job quest
    Nothing stops them having SCH learn physick at lvl 10 and just deleting it from Arc/smn
    They did this with Miasma 2 if I'm not mistaken, so it is definitely a possibility. It used to be shared by both (ACN), removed from both in 4.0, then given back to SCH as a job action in 4.05.

Everyone seems to be under the impression that it would be some massive undertaking to completely separate the 2 jobs action-wise, when in actual fact it's incredibly simple.

They can just flat out remove Physick from the ACN kit and then re add it as a low level SCH exclusive ability once the crystal is equipped.

Edit - To alleviate early level pet health woes, an alternative could be to remove Physick from ACN, move Sustain to level 4, and have an early SCH trait turn Sustain into Physick, since fairies rarely (i.e. never) need a dedicated outside source of healing. They just do it themselves or survive fine on occasional AoE healing.

Edit 2 -
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    So what job learns something under level 30 that also has a base class?
    Scholar learns the "Enhanced Mind" trait at level 20.
    (3)
    Last edited by CorbinDallas; 05-10-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jack Cinder
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Idk, physick is already a dps gain if you can galaxy brain critical heals for limit break cheese. That's it's true purpose, right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kemiko Oyung
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The issue here is less competition with RDM and more having a completely useless spell in your toolkit, which was partially the point of 4.0's class skill consolidation and removal. Should SMN have a healing spell comparible to RDM? Debatable. Does it have a completely worthless spell? Without a doubt.

The easy fix is to just make the spell they have not be completely worthless. Either a trait that changes it to a completely different spell not currently existing in their kit or make it use intelligence. The other, since SMN is a DPS and has more connection to Arcanist than SMN (they both share all gear) is remove SCH from ARC entirely a scrap the odd healer bits sprinkled into ARC.

One is obviously more work than the other but a fix of some kind would be appreciated. As of right now, we have a spell that's entirely useless and that should never be the case.
    (1)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast