Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Elara Almasombria
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Some low levels craft require drops from old dungeons, like the Vintage Half Apron. Then you also have all the stuff coming from extreme primals.
    (0)
    Last edited by Driavna; 06-24-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BoazJochin View Post
    I can do 4 star hq with nq mats, however I have all VI's and V in my slots. It took alot of time and dedication not to mention gil to get to that point though. I have re melded at least 2 times to find the right amount for me. I can only do it with my spec though, My non spec has to have tea's and some HQ mats to guarantee a 100% hq.

It also took me a while to find the correct macro that worked with my stats. Just because there is a macro out there doesn't mean it will work for your stats. You have to tweek them for your build. if you don't know how to do that maybe you shouldn't be crafting. I can craft with a macro or without and get the same results because I know the system. just because you have a macro doesn't mean you know how to craft.
    I never said it's impossible and it's easy to reach.
    I simply said I don't like that we're able to do that.

And the bold quote is exactly why I don't like macro (for hard stuff), because many player, too many players, use macro and don't know how to craft.

I just think that to get the best item, at least with NQ mats, you should know how to craft.

I'm not asking for harder difficulty or anything, just that crafting be a more legit thing. (Mostly the high value item) Anyone with remotely some gear can craft HQ with a macro without even knowing half their skill, and that's a bad design (imo)

Nothing fancy here, you wanna do high end raiding, well you raid, learn your job and learn the strat
    You wanna do high end PvP, well you PvP and learn your job and team strat
    You wanna do high end crafting, well you craft and learn to craft... (and not you google a macro and press it)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidu View Post
    I'd be very intrested to hear what those recipes are... except for some furniture no recipes are using items that can only be found in dungeons - some dungeons might drop materials, but usually there is another way to get those items.
    The furniture that requires dungeon-drops is also always connected to the dungeon in question and by far nothing thats used in every day crafting. Considering that those drops only occur in ARR-dungeons, you dont even need a group, you can unsynch and solo them.
    From WVR: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Vintage_Coif
    Requires https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Torn_Coif From Dzemael Darkhold

And, the notes for Undersized Party (Solo) says there will be no drops, but I just tried one, and the chests are still available, so I guess if the item comes from one of them, it's obtainable without a group.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSmoot View Post
    The Torn Coif (as well as many (all?) other similar items) is also available as a reward from levequests.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSmoot View Post
    From WVR: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Vintage_Coif
    Requires https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Torn_Coif From Dzemael Darkhold

And, the notes for Undersized Party (Solo) says there will be no drops, but I just tried one, and the chests are still available, so I guess if the item comes from one of them, it's obtainable without a group.
    Oh right, since those items are completly useless I totally forgot about them. To answer your question though: Chests are unaffected, you only wont get drops from the mobs directly, so no precious (and highly useless) beat blood and bat wings for you if you run stuff unsyched. Everything that drops from a chest, include all crafting-items, can still drop from said chests.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I wish crafting was more rewarding. Take FFXI for example. There are pieces of equipment so valuable because they are BiS and are only available via crafting. Of course there are also pieces of BiS gear that are dropped in raids and from bosses. But it feels weird that crafted gear is only BiS for when raid tiers are new and people are undergeared or trying to catch up. That, and glamor/furnishing crafting...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Plastic Spork
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    These recent changes either mean rotations are going to be more complicated, or that the recipes will just be easier. The 50% buff to initial quality basically offsets the fact that finishers are being nerfed, so you have to wonder what they're even thinking. Seems like crafting remains a distant 4th or 5th priority behind other content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ariel Carinae
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    All I know is that less RNG is something that is good, at least in my opinion. All I heard from the OP of this thread was whiny whiny whiny whine I'mnoteliteandspecialanymorebecauseanyonecandowhatIdo. Same complaints you hear from ANY game's fanbase of self-imposed elitists anytime the developers try to make their endgame content accessible to more than 3% of their playerbase.

How about we not stop at going back to 2.0 which was butternuts as far as I'm concerned. SCREW 2.0 crafters. Go back to 1.0 crafting if you want RNG so much. Yeah remember the stupid little games you had to play each and every time you swung your pickaxe, hammer, or scythe? That's right, take us back to 100% complete RNG with a no better than 10% success rate no matter what you do. That'll show those damn casuals just who owns this game.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ArielCarinae View Post
    All I know is that less RNG is something that is good, at least in my opinion. All I heard from the OP of this thread was whiny whiny whiny whine I'mnoteliteandspecialanymorebecauseanyonecandowhatIdo. Same complaints you hear from ANY game's fanbase of self-imposed elitists anytime the developers try to make their endgame content accessible to more than 3% of their playerbase.

How about we not stop at going back to 2.0 which was butternuts as far as I'm concerned. SCREW 2.0 crafters. Go back to 1.0 crafting if you want RNG so much. Yeah remember the stupid little games you had to play each and every time you swung your pickaxe, hammer, or scythe? That's right, take us back to 100% complete RNG with a no better than 10% success rate no matter what you do. That'll show those damn casuals just who owns this game.

You can get your point across without sounding rude. Very childish..besides, crafting is apparently not that easy in 5.0.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I'm a little disappointed that the actual speed of crafts hasn't been adjusted any.

The new skills make trivial crafts more efficient via Reuse refunding materials and the two Instinct skills granting a huge quality boost to them, but high demand crafts like infusions are still going to take forever to produce in mass quantities.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6