Character
    Bauer Auditore
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

Housing and Transfering

Hi All,

Quick question; when you move servers thanks to the current free transfer, how do you get the money back from your house? I'm getting a little confused and don't want to be out of 30M.

Do you need to demolish the house but not relinquish the land? And remove all the items before you transfer? Or do you just leave it as it is and transfer anyway?

Thanks in advance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by addz3 View Post
    Hi All,

Quick question; when you move servers thanks to the current free transfer, how do you get the money back from your house? I'm getting a little confused and don't want to be out of 30M.

Do you need to demolish the house but not relinquish the land? And remove all the items before you transfer? Or do you just leave it as it is and transfer anyway?

Thanks in advance
    I believe you just leave everything as it is!
    (0)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    You will want to take all the items from the house that you find valuable, they will all be killed on transfer - which is why SE gives you 3 million gil as compensation. But that 3 mil is given as a flat rate (it's not insurance lol), so take advantage of it by getting the most out of your house. Out of paranoia I'd leave one item just in case though lol "reimburse me for my Sweet Troll for 3 mil thx"

Also:

Players who own an estate will have the full cost of the land returned to them, and receive an additional 3,000,000 gil to compensate for lost furnishings. Players who wish to be reimbursed for the price of the land must not relinquish their land before performing a World Transfer.
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...d8670191a57ce0

For further info I just looked up and people on reddit said they didn't have to demolish their estate (house), they just left it all as it is like Nix said (especially do not relinquish the land lol). So take the stuff from the house you want to keep and then just leave some dead fish in there for the next person to own the house .

One person said they had to demolish their estate (house), so I don't know why four said no and one said yes, but it's super clear do not relinquish the land (said it three times now just in case hehe). I'd suggest taking the stuff you want, then giving it a whirl and it'll let you know if you need to do anything further or not ("BEEP RETAINER SELLING ITEMS, FIX" "DEMOLISH STINKY FISH HOUSE" , etc).
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 05-04-2019 at 12:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    Out of paranoia I'd leave one item just in case though lol "reimburse me for my Sweet Troll for 3 mil thx"
    People have bought plots, not built anything and transferred for the bonus. No need to leave anything.

While not necessary for these transfers, you may wish to remove the estate hall (Housing > Estate Hall > Remove Estate Hall) AFTER removing everything you want from it so that you receive the permit. The permit is worth a bit extra gil if you sell it, or if you purchase the same size plot in the same area on your new server, you save on building the house back up. Do not mistake that for the relinquish land option in another category. If you relinquish the land, you get nothing.
    (1)