Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Noa Kyrie
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Oh, it was the description from EE? Thank you, that makes sense. The in-game description only had the Zodiac Braves bit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    The Allagans (are believed to have) built the tower, and at some unspecified point after it was built, the vagabond found a secret chamber in it.

I wonder if these things were planned all along, or if it's just the lore team tying up loose ends and oddities (and working in some foreshadowing) via the lorebook?
    Both. Some things were seeded to be explained later. Many other things were unintentionally kind of forgotten, especially from 1.0, but were later fleshed out to provide continuity. Other things were completely retconned. For example, in 1.0, CNJ used to be able to cast ALL elemental magic (Stone, Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Aero, Flare, Tornado, Flood, Quake, Shock Spikes). And THM could only cast Divine and Dark magic (Dia, Scourge, Bio, Phantom Dart, Banish, Slow, Sacrifice, Contagion, Gravity, Aspir, Paralyze, Absorb-[Stat], Poison). In 1.2 they changed it so THM casted Fire/Ice/Lightning, and removed all debuff spells, and made CNJ cast Aero, Water, and Stone.
    (3)
    Last edited by Jonnycbad; 05-07-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    Both. Some things were seeded to be explained later. Many other things were unintentionally kind of forgotten, especially from 1.0, but were later fleshed out to provide continuity. Other things were completely retconned. For example, in 1.0, CNJ used to be able to cast ALL elemental magic (Stone, Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Aero, Flare, Tornado, Flood, Quake, Shock Spikes). And THM could only cast Divine and Dark magic (Dia, Scourge, Bio, Phantom Dart, Banish, Slow, Sacrifice, Contagion, Gravity, Aspir, Paralyze, Absorb-[Stat], Poison). In 1.2 they changed it so THM casted Fire/Ice/Lightning, and removed all debuff spells, and made CNJ cast Aero, Water, and Stone.
    I know 1.0 was not great, but I kind of miss how CNJ and THM were built before. I'm glad that they split them in order to make room for other jobs, but the old school CNJ and THM were awesome thematically.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yaga Patxi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    A recent interview with Yoshi P suggests that the first is indeed completely different from the first. So it is likely we won’t have Allagans in the first. It also mentioned that although the races are the same, this place experienced a different history and consequently there are different “philosophies and heritage”.

It also mentions the locations are similar but different and no assets were recycled.

Here is the link to the interview (credit to Alucard135 for posting in the general forum)
    https://gamerescape.com/2019/05/06/f...naoki-yoshida/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sathona Jun
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    The First has a prophecy about a warrior that will bring back the night, which IMO was likely seeded by E'nigma Tia to make things easier for us, but whatever. If our arrival in Lakeland is anything like the trailer(erasing a kuribu and splitting the sky), or even just emerging from the sealed Tower(which just spontaneously appeared one day), we begin the expansion as far more than just adventurers.
    As long as the little $h!t that said im a nobody and that i will die just dies im good with that intro~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Gods damn it... is it really called Lakeland? If so... I'm going to keep on thinking of the city near me here in Florida....
    (0)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Player
    Character
    Astaroth Karnaim
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    well the choices were lakeland or elfland >P

although, grani is a descendant of sleipnir... and elfland in norse is Álfheimr, theres dwarves in mt. gulg, theres a sapling in eden, and its more celtic/gaelic but pixies, theres gonna be a ton of the high fantasy that yoship loves in this expansion
    (0)
    Last edited by Astarotha; 05-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I think I would prefer Elfland. Lol it's bad enough that I live in Fl... I dont want reminders of it in a fantasy game I play. Ah well I'll get used to it.
    (0)
    I have a secret to tell. From my electrical well. It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells. So the room must listen to me Filibuster vigilantly. My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e. My story's infinite Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest- TMBG Birdhouse in your Soul
    A huge THANK YOU!!!! For FINALLY selling the Meteor Survivor Polo on the store. AND a huge thanks to my friend who bought it for me while he was at Fan Fest!!! YES I finally have my POLO!!!

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Astarotha View Post
    well the choices were lakeland or elfland >P

although, grani is a descendant of sleipnir... and elfland in norse is Álfheimr, theres dwarves in mt. gulg, theres a sapling in eden, and its more celtic/gaelic but pixies, theres gonna be a ton of the high fantasy that yoship loves in this expansion
    But Il Mheg is Elfland. It's seemingly the First's analogue to Coerthas.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'pshe Tia
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    But Il Mheg is Elfland. It's seemingly the First's analogue to Coerthas.
    *pixieland
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast