Player
    Character
    Shining Force
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55

Where Chocobo Roam???

This quest is really not explained at all. All it tells you is go west and it is a new area.
    Great I ran West but there is a great big mountain and nowhere to climb it.
    So after running around and fighting mobs etc I have now given up.

Great to give us a new area and it is inaccessible? I am all for suspense and working for stuff and not wanting all on a platter, but I am not good with discovering the invincible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    This is for going from western Coerthas into Dravania, right? There's a narrow pass through the mountains in the northwest corner of the map.

You might need to backtrack along the cliff to get up to the right level. Will have a look at it later for you if you're still stuck.

Alternately you can go pick up all the aether currents, and then you'll be able to fly straight up there. Western Coerthas is definitely a pain to navigate on foot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shining Force
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 55
    Thanks a lot for advice. I ran along that mountain up and down and did not see the entrance but I will try again in the northwest corner.
    About flying : I picked u all the green waves that are in places but the black chocobo does nothing except run. However I also posed a question about that and need to find if somebody answered. Again - it tells you it is a flying chocobo but does not explain anything else. My opinion is that they are too stingy to get a translator for most stuff so if we 'foreigners' don't get it tough luck!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Have you also done the sidequests with a blue marker? Some have aether currents as rewards, so you need to complete those quests before you can fly. That will include doing an optional dungeon on that map.

And are you reading the help menu pop-ups? Flying and aether currents are definitely explained to you, and the flying controls will be explained once you can do it.

They are not withholding information from "us foreigners".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Under the "Travel" menu, open the aether currents option. Itll visually show you if you missed any of the 5 quest reward currents or the 10 ground spawn currents for each zone flying is possible in. Once you have all 15 your bird can take off. There are different control options(hold jump, double jump) you can adjust under settings for take off. And the passage from coerthas western highlands to the dravanian forelands is for sure in the northwest corner of the CWH map. In fact, it might be highlighted on your map if you have the quest active in your tracker. Its in a kinda low area elevation wise. You run through a sort of small canyon that curls from west to north, then into a tunnel and the line is right there(coordinates roughly 5,9).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dirk Gently
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    open your map. look at the west side of it. you will either see a red arrow showing the exit or a place you haven't gone that's covered. Go there.
    (0)