Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DecaflmeRonfaure View Post
    I mean, hunts are and always have been a participation trophy. You do work, spawn hunt, or find it, and you get credit.
    Well... You had to actually be in the zone to stumble across it. You have to actually spawn it to spawn it.

Meanwhile, what it's become is, someone ELSE stumbles across it/spawns it, then a Linkshell tells everyone, who then tells everyone in a plethora of zones, whom all instantly stop what they're doing, teleport in and zerg the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by DecaflmeRonfaure View Post
    I don't think anyone is proposing just giving out seals to people for being logged in - you don't have to go do hunts anymore than you have to do PvP to get Garo gear, fish to get titles, etc. But making it so that people who put in effort to spawn and locate hunts get credit seems like a fair goal, don't you think?
    Many people effectively are asking for seals for being logged in.

That's literally the idea behind all these "Make A/S Ranks invulnerable for X period of time after they spawn" (So that everyone has chance to teleport to the zone and fly over to it) and "Globally announce them being found" (Which is just having auto-joined to every Hunt Linkshell) and "Scale the mob to the number of players" (So when 400 people inevitably show up within 2 minutes the thing doesn't evaporate in 2 seconds)

That's not "Hunt". That's literally, show up, get an invite to a group and hope the group as a whole do enough damage in 2 skills to give you Gold participation. Literally a participation reward.

Meanwhile, the suggestions that people make about things such as making Hunts more like Leves, so that the party that spawned it is the only one that can fight it. Is geared more towards rewarding the people who put in the effort spawn and locate them.

The suggestions are still flawed, but not as flawed as making it so that literally anyone, even people who aren't "Hunters" can just easily show up and get their loot for what is supposed to be super rare and tough monsters...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kylrin Arresard
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    /sigh

I defer to my signature for comment...

The sum of all hunt arguments over early pullers: http://goo.gl/IFT9IE
    (0)
    Last edited by Malzian; 04-29-2019 at 06:31 AM.

3. 04-29-2019 06:49 AM

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by lagniappe284 View Post
    It could be turned off. Really just a dedicated hunt channel would be nice. Could call hunts there instead of needing hunt LSs.
    Will never happen so no need to discuss it:
    https://gamerescape.com/2019/01/04/y...-yoshi-p-walk/

Q: In regards to Mob Hunt, with the current system and state and with the introduction of the World Teleportation system… Please make adjustments to the Hunts.

Yoshida: There might be some chaos in the beginning, but I think players will adjust by making their own rules. Of course, there will be cases when the mobs will be defeated stealthily, but the current closed state of the servers is not good in our opinion. We will keep watch and if the state becomes too severe, we will think of changes.

Q: Please make it so that the weather changes when S mobs pop.

Yoshida: We don’t want to make S mob pop’s more obvious than they currently are. I think it isn’t too suited for the game.

Q: There is a chance that third party websites for reporting defeat times will become useless, so can you do something in that regard; for example, have the servers notify us.

Yoshida: Please go to the forums in regards to the topic of Hunts. In my opinion, a game with defeat times announced is no longer a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalise View Post
    Many people effectively are asking for seals for being logged in.
    But instead of asking for that, they suggest fixes that promote leeching while at the same time claiming they want more to be able to partake.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mihn Saruihn
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Another one voicing for a change. Having issues on Crystal with people from other servers coming in and pulling before people could reach the hunt. :/ we had a very patient and organized hunts until now. It's really saddening to see what it turned into.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Early pullers are hated, understandably so, but what about silent pullers? Those that find an A rank, and solo it without telling others. It's theoretically possible, and is a jerk move, but it never gets mentioned because nobody but the hunter knows it has happened :P there could be players from other servers silent killing, and the server would be none the wiser.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dark Grunt
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Honestly, spawn immunity will never happen. I think making S ranks a hidden FATE like Ixion/Odin with proper level sync would be a better option. With increasing gear level ARR/HW S ranks melt within 10-15 seconds if that and can be solo'd easy. Having them sync to their respective levels (ARR 50/ HW 60/ SB 70) at least makes hunters needing to be in a full party. This will also give other hunters attempting to spawn other S ranks time to get there to receive credit. It's ridiculous to have 80+ people running around S. Than to spawn Numi so they don't miss credit killing it when a light party can spawn it (work smarter not harder). Another trigger that can be added for S ranks with the start of World Visit is a Wanderer cannot spawn an S rank that hasn't spawn on their own world ( high pop vs low pop.) Wanderers are already restricted in some S rank spawning due to gathering nodes. Don't see why this couldn't be implemented. A ranks can be left as is since their isn't any special trigger that is needed to spawn them other than time. You miss the hunt, just wait a couple of hours for it to respawn.

Yoshida: There might be some chaos in the beginning, but I think players will adjust by making their own rules. Of course, there will be cases when the mobs will be defeated stealthily, but the current closed state of the servers is not good in our opinion. We will keep watch and if the state becomes too severe, we will think of changes. I don't agree with this simply because players can 'make rules' but what good are rules if nothing can be enforced? A server has a handful of people killing ARR S ranks after someone else spawns them 'World mob; I can do this and nothing can be done about it'. Can't tell players to make rules, but not give them any means of enforcing it other than "Scout's Honor".

Just my 2 gil on the subject.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Donna Shanao
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Or just add 5-10 more intances per towns.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    #DeleteHunts

I probably need like 20000 seals to get all the things I want out of hunts, and the last time I rode the hunt train I got maybe 200 seals in an hour.

Early pulling isn't the problem, it's a symptom. The problem is that hunts are a monotonous and unrewarding grindfest. If it wasn't such a slog people wouldn't feel like they absolutely have to be there before every pull.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Whoever spawned it should be the only person who can initiate attack. They own the mob per se. Would stop people from early pulling when they didn't even help spawn it.
    (2)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Diaval Alucard
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    If you don't want to miss S ranks, why not help spawn them? If you missed it because you're waiting till others do and notify you, then you only have yourself to blame. Only thing you can do to early pullers is black list them and remove them from hunt link shells.
    (7)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast