Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifer987 View Post
    There is no advantage or perks to owning a private house other than just to.
    Wrong. If you want to do cross-planting and all you have access to is a fc house, you may be unable to do any at all. The fc might be too big to allow someone so much time to do that (it can take several weeks to produce a specific seed) or you simply might not have the privs to do so.

There is no reason for one player to own a medium or a large plot either...
    Wrong again. The amount of gardening patches you can have is dictated by your house size. Cross-planting is significantly faster and more convenient if you have more than one gardening patch. My personal house is a medium solely because of the gardening patches. If there was no restriction on how many you can have I would have a cottage instead. All my favourite plot locations are for cottages.

Sorry SE you shot yourself in the foot on this one and to the players with a private house just buy a house in real life if you want one. Leave the housing to Free Companies who need one and can actually use them or just start a Free Company and buy one then.....
    Removing private house ownership would result in a dramatic rise in one-man fcs owned by players who want a private house. The problem you want solved would merely change and not be solved. There are already players who own houses in this manner without your proposed restriction.

Once again I am tired of seeing people say they deserve a private house when there is no reason to own one at all.
    And I'm tired of people thinking giving house furnishing permissions to only fc leaders, while everyone else would be stuck with only a fc room or apartment, is somehow okay.

I agree the housing system is awful but alienating a gigantic amount of the player population is not the way to fix it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Miss Eclipse
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Once again I am tired of seeing people say they deserve a private house when there is no reason to own one at all.
    Even thought I understand the frustration, I don't think there is 'no reason to own a personal house'. Also, I don't think I 'deserve' a personal house. I got the gils for it. Worked my way there. Like many others.

I have a small one. And I am quite OK with it. I started with nothing, because when I got on the game, housing was way too expensive for me. Then, appartments came years later and I was absolutely happy to get one.
    Then I got my hand on a small plot and was more than glad I did.

It may not factor into anything for you all but I'm a huge Sims fan— building and furnishing houses is a hobby of mine. In FFXIV, being able to afford the furniture I want after working to get the gil for it and/or being able to craft something actually makes me happy. And guess what ? It is something that I enjoy doing, from times to times. When I'm bored, I switch the furnitures around and see what I can do, and I'm always happy to see the new furnitures on each patches.

Many people are like me. They enjoy having a little 'safe place', even a virtual one, in this game. Housing is by no means perfect (not at all, even) but it is enjoyable and if it was FC only, as many stated, people would just start one-man FC and get a house anyway.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xizzy Azenith
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by GomJabbar View Post
    Most of the housing woes right now are, I believe, due to the over-long auto-demo pause. 6 months is ludicrous! We just got a taste of the initial few demos, plus all the transfers, but the real change will be seen in about a month and a half. Many plots should open then.
    I was about a 30 minute drive away from Mexico beach in Panama City FL. Who was hit by a category 5 hurricane. And I only Just recently after 5 months got my roof from competeing against others, fighting insurance companies and roofers sometimes bailing on you. Some of them not even licensed.

And don’t get me started on Mexico beach which was wiped off the face of the earth.

Thank you SE for helping Florida victims
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gizmo Strife
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I can’t reply to everyone but why do you need a private house? You can buy a room in a FC that is yours to sit in and craft or whatever. You can buy a apartment also. I also am not in any FC. My girlfriend runs one and I do pop in to help. Even if they went to all FC housing only it still wouldn’t be enough for everyone but the housing system would actually benefit more people. Wards would be lively instead of the ghost towns they always have been.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I can’t reply to everyone but why do you need a private house?
    I explained this to you in my previous post. Thanks for ignoring it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I can’t reply to everyone but why do you need a private house? You can buy a room in a FC that is yours to sit in and craft or whatever. You can buy a apartment also. I also am not in any FC. My girlfriend runs one and I do pop in to help. Even if they went to all FC housing only it still wouldn’t be enough for everyone but the housing system would actually benefit more people. Wards would be lively instead of the ghost towns they always have been.
    i want to garden and have complete control over when and what i grow. i also want more slots to put all the housing items/ decorations i have. i also straight up have no interest in joining a free company at this time.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Miss Eclipse
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I can’t reply to everyone but why do you need a private house?
    - I enjoy placing the furnitures and decorating as I wish.
    - I like having the possibility to put furnitures outside, too.
    - There is the possibility to use the gardening patches.
    - Appartments and FC room only have one room. Even a small house has a 'basement'. So its easier to have more 'rooms' (kitchen, bedrooms, etc) or whatnot for RP and/or other purposes.
    - It gives a feeling of 'safe place', I believe. At least for me.
    - I get to share it with my husband, whereas you can't share an appartment or FC room.

So there, that's a few reasons why I do really enjoy owning my little plot of land
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xizzy Azenith
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Sorry SE you shot yourself in the foot on this one and to the players with a private house just buy a house in real life if you want one.
    Plz tell me you know the difference between real life limitations versus in game limitations? I can’t turn my house into a strip mall, then a Korean bathouse, then into a haunted house on a whim. That would be like billions of dollars.

But I can do that in game.

If there is a glam you want do you need it?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nagini Kagon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    First fcs cant be trusted I'm sorry but they cant ppl are way 2 sensitive and kick for really lame reasons I'm lucky i found one ran by someone who isn't. but most fc leaders,admins are crybabyish lol.

next apartments are nice but you literally hardly have any space for anything plus you cant design your outside rpish.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altair Aquila
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthea View Post
    Wrong. If you want to do cross-planting and all you have access to is a fc house, you may be unable to do any at all. The fc might be too big to allow someone so much time to do that (it can take several weeks to produce a specific seed) or you simply might not have the privs to do so.
    Oh, that's right! How could I forget about gardening?? Most FC plebes don't get to touch the gardens, unless it's to water them. If you want to garden, you pretty much need your own house, and the bigger the better in that case. This on top of the fact that you can't decorate your FC house either in most cases... For a vast majority, a personal house is the only way to accomplish these things.
    (3)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast