Player
    Character
    Maverick Haas
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

Login Priority for Natives?

Just kinda wondering if there is login priority for players native to their server. I'm on Famfrit, and evidently my server has become a bit popular, with almost up to 32 people queues. This is not entirely normal on a Tuesday evening.

If there isn't a native priority queue, can we get one? People on non popular servers can log into their server, queue for my server, and continue playing until they get the pop. While I now have to wait until the queue clears before getting into the server. This is especially annoying when I have a random DC in the middle of a dungeon.

I hope I'm not coming off as entitled or anything, but it's not like my server was packed to the brim before this, and it makes sense for there to be a priority queuing system for those who aren't in the game yet. Thoughts?
    (4)
    Last edited by Maverick_Haas; 04-24-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I had a similar thing when logging in to Diabolos earlier, also with a 32 person queue, but it shoved me in after about 20 seconds, so it's not a huge time waste. It'll probably settle down once the novelty wears off.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    It sounds reasonable, but, at the same time, how/why guarantee access to the thousands of unused accounts? Such an implementation would just sorta clog up the intended function of the world visit system, wouldn't it? I mean, I guess you could make a case for having some set number of reserved slots for home world players, but it'd never be enough, and there would always be complaints just like this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    It sounds reasonable, but, at the same time, how/why guarantee access to the thousands of unused accounts? Such an implementation would just sorta clog up the intended function of the world visit system, wouldn't it? I mean, I guess you could make a case for having some set number of reserved slots for home world players, but it'd never be enough, and there would always be complaints just like this.
    I see the request as more of a queue jump for native accounts, rather than some big VIP list the server has to hold spots for.
    And if so, I'm much for this idea.
    (5)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Radimir Amira
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_Haas View Post
    Just kinda wondering if there is login priority for players native to their server. I'm on Famfrit, and evidently my server has become a bit popular, with almost up to 32 people queues. This is not entirely normal on a Tuesday evening.

If there isn't a native priority queue, can we get one? People on non popular servers can log into their server, queue for my server, and continue playing until they get the pop. While I now have to wait until the queue clears before getting into the server. This is especially annoying when I have a random DC in the middle of a dungeon.

I hope I'm not coming off as entitled or anything, but it's not like my server was packed to the brim before this, and it makes sense for there to be a priority queuing system for those who aren't in the game yet. Thoughts?
    There is something in the sense told by them back at fan fest.

"We understand there are some concerns with this system causing congestion on your home Worlds, but please do not worry. We have a system in place that will allow us to monitor activity, set the ratio of how many visitors can travel to the world based on population, and a system to prioritize players accessing their home world. However, please note that login queues will continue to exist for Worlds that have reached the maximum number of players allowed at any given time"

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...threads/380987
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Is there not already a system in place to give priority to those currently on their home world? The queue would still happen if the server was busy and they're not going to go kicking people that have already gotten through, but you should still get in faster.

Quote Originally Posted by disturbedcobra View Post
    There is something in the sense told by them back at fan fest.

"We understand there are some concerns with this system causing congestion on your home Worlds, but please do not worry. We have a system in place that will allow us to monitor activity, set the ratio of how many visitors can travel to the world based on population, and a system to prioritize players accessing their home world. However, please note that login queues will continue to exist for Worlds that have reached the maximum number of players allowed at any given time"

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...threads/380987
    Ahh there, ty. Couldn't find that via google so I wasn't sure if it was false memory.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nergui Dotharl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    What they should do is give the option to log into any server directly from the character selection screen. Keeping priority for native player of the server. That way if your server is completly full you can always jump to a low population server that might still have free space while the situation clear on your own server instead of staying in queue for an hour when ShB release.
    (0)