Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Hi Yukikoneko,

Thanks for your patience while we worked to get a response on this topic for you. We have discussed this with the Item Team and they let us know that currently there aren't plans to introduce more ways to break down crystals into shards (partly due to the fact that shards are so easy to obtain that they've become much cheaper as a result). Another reason being that new recipes utilize crystals instead of shards, so it's not as though their entire purpose is to be broken down into shards.
    Thanks so much. Sorry I had to go to such great lengths to grab attention.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by YukiKoneko View Post
    The overall cost of converting crystals to shards via fish:

6 fish + 6 fire shards => 6 sea/river sand (figure ~15 seconds per synth?)
    Change jobs (+30 seconds)
    6 sea/river sand + 2 wind and lightning shards => 1 fine sand (~15 sec)
    Change jobs again (+30 sec)
    Finally, break 1 crystal into 16 shards (via dated recipe) (~15 sec)

Overall, you took ~3 minutes to produce 16 shards... no wait, subtract the shards you wasted in the process (10 shards overall). So in ~3 minutes, you've effectively crafted... 6 shards.

I'm not trying to mass produce them, but why should I have to buy shards from RMT? And more importantly, why haven't they revised the crystal -> shard recipe since it's been marked as dated since 1.19.
    Yes, going the sand route is stupid. What I meant was the direct lightening > other shard/crystal synths. Yes, there's no cluster>crystal or crystal>shard conversions, but I think the direct fish>crystal stuff is sufficient.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Ah yes, though you gotta keep a healthy supply of lightning shards. Bayohne's correct in that shards are much easier to come by now. I still think they ought to convert the fish + 10 lightning shards -> 1 crystal recipes into higher shard output.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    What Raldo said, there are fish/kelp that triple your shard investment without even HQ'ing.... It sucks to have lost cluster > crystal > shard, but the other recipes should be more than sufficient. I'm hoping that the clusters will be useful again someday though as they still drop. I still use plenty of crystals.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cthulhu Theeldar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I'm really hoping they do make a use for clusters again. That's what I did with all my guild marks.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    What is best in life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    To crush our enemies, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4