Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Crystal Violet
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Matsume, I'm not completely opposed to the idea. However, in the long run what is gained from having a recipe costing 1 crystal vs. costing 16 shards?

I worry that new players may find the shards,crystals,clusters concept unnecessarily complicated and cumbersome.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    There is no need for elimination when the solution lies in implementation of new recipes that conume entire crystals or clusters.
    The trend has been moving in the opposite direction from this. Look at ore, it used to require crystals to turn into nuggets, then shards to create ingots. Now it's even less shards. Maybe after level cap is raised, crystals and clusters will be relevant, but that's not an excuse for ignoring the constant pleas for answers from the player-base. C'mon community reps! Do you even read this thread?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Still nothing? Camate? Bayohne? Rukkirii? (did I miss any?) Yoshi-P? w! Any chance they will address this in Monday's 1.21a patch? 1.21b? 1.22? 2.0? Sorry for the constant bumps, but some players care more about what's in the game than writing culinary recipes or when SE's going to release a new fan-site kit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Elisuren
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I want to know also! Please at least tell us that issue is at least on your minds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    SE just continues to ignore us! Obviously, posting nonsense is all the reps are good for lately:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    ♪ And I was like Bayohne, Bayohne, Bayohne, oooooh, like Bayohne, Bayohne, Bayohne, oooooh ♪
    (Yes, I know they post other things, but how about responding to questions that have been ignored for months!!!)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I still think the fish synths are sufficient.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carbuncle Plushy
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    The overall cost of converting crystals to shards via fish:

6 fish + 6 fire shards => 6 sea/river sand (figure ~15 seconds per synth?)
    Change jobs (+30 seconds)
    6 sea/river sand + 2 wind and lightning shards => 1 fine sand (~15 sec)
    Change jobs again (+30 sec)
    Finally, break 1 crystal into 16 shards (via dated recipe) (~15 sec)

Overall, you took ~3 minutes to produce 16 shards... no wait, subtract the shards you wasted in the process (10 shards overall). So in ~3 minutes, you've effectively crafted... 6 shards.

I'm not trying to mass produce them, but why should I have to buy shards from RMT? And more importantly, why haven't they revised the crystal -> shard recipe since it's been marked as dated since 1.19.
    (0)

Hi Yukikoneko,

Thanks for your patience while we worked to get a response on this topic for you. We have discussed this with the Item Team and they let us know that currently there aren't plans to introduce more ways to break down crystals into shards (partly due to the fact that shards are so easy to obtain that they've become much cheaper as a result). Another reason being that new recipes utilize crystals instead of shards, so it's not as though their entire purpose is to be broken down into shards.
    (20)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lavinia Ferris
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Bayohne dont let people get to you, disregard anything people that dont seem to understand the whole thing that you guys do since, you guys send the petition/info to the devs, then the devs must answer not only NA posts but also EU, and JP post so its like a whole pile of info that must go according to how they get it and then, after the whole time, you get the answers. So really people, I would have already quit if I were a rep cause damm this community loves scapegoats it seems.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    I'm a bit curious and maybe I missed this but what are clusters used for? Can these be broken down into crystals or shards?
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast