Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    You don't necesarily need to transfer to find a good FC or LS.

Also, I havent noticed such a huge increase in queue times. Nothing more than your usual pre-expac. lull.
    Still takes around 20m for a dps dungeon queue, which is about average.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Katuchi La-chancla
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    While the split didn't kill the game for me, it did kill my motivation to start O12S (from the very start) because i've yet to see a training group get full...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverWinterNight View Post
    He should have looked for FC that does Content he needed, than transferred there, and enjoyed the game for the next 2 month. Instead he is stuck on a dead world with out FC, trying to PUG.

Waiting won't solve his problems, it will just be the same.

Should have used this chance to find a new home.
    Lets see:
    1. If you are looking for a FC you don't take the next best you can find. You join an FC were you are comfortable with the people, everything else is nonsense and will probably make your game experience worse than flying solo. But this will take some time.

2. It doesn't matter how dead a server is because the PF and DF are for the whole datacenter.

3. Waiting will solve his problems because as soon as the expansion hits the PF and DF will have way more options to choose from. Which doesn't change the fact that its dead now and that its not easy right now to find people were you enjoy playing with.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Player
    Character
    Deevine Phoenix
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Duroy View Post
    I do actually, FFXIV is my first MMO and I've only been 70 since february, so I don't know the feeling of discovering a brand new expansion, I'm looking forward to it. I guess I'll just have to treat this game like I treat vacations: on and off depending on seasons...
    Excellent way to look at it I just returned to the game after taking a 4 month break. A close in-game friend of mine has a sub expiring in 3 days and intend to take a break by not resub'ing until the expansion comes out. I think with the Viera's finally being released, we can expect a boom with this expansion unlike any other. I know personally I've been waiting for 4 years for this expansion to happen and have known many others along the way who felt the same.
    (0)

5. 04-18-2019 08:52 PM

Player

crafting and gathering is nice now
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverWinterNight View Post
    And once the Hype is over, we will be back to today's situation, which OP is not comfortable with.

This was and still is the best time to look for FC, because now you can seek FC that consist of players that enjoy the game, and not just here for a Patch or for Expansion Hype, than gone in a month or two.

Comfortable FC that doesn't do Content that you are looking for, won't make you feel comfortable either after awhile.
    It will always be that way here and in every other game.

It seems you are only joining a FC that you get content done, but a good FC gets content done and people feel comfortable. If you like to play that way its cool but i prefer to do things with people i like...and i get the stuff done that i want to do.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

8. 04-18-2019 09:22 PM

Player
    Character
    Elise Hamilton
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 88
    I think it's always like this with FFXIV especially since it lacks fun repeatable content. They keep making content that is story based which most players do once and they're done with it.

FFXIV should focus on Fun Repeatable content that everyone can enjoy.

Just focus on the positives right now. At least your not going to get addicted to FFXIV or feel like you have to login to grind.
    (0)

Character
    Korbin Dallas
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Everybody seems to be missing the point. Fact is, the EU split has killed our PF, which was already super lacking beforehand. Our original population, for all intents and purposes, has been halved.

Pre expansion burnout/downtime or not, the split has done more damage than any lack of content. I highly doubt it will, but unless Shadowbringers doubles our population we won't even be close to what PF/DF/whatever activity we used to have.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Eriane Elis
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duroy View Post
    The party finder is mostly dead in week days, even between 5 and 7pm. The few parties which exist take hours to fill and when they do, it's often a trap because the lack of parties encourages people to join existing parties even if they don't fit the description...

If this game can only be played during the peak hours of the week end is it even worth it to stay subscribed at this point?

It's my first extension, so maybe I'm missing something: do you guys usually unsubscribe at the end of an expansion because of the lack of people playing?
    Are you talking about the Duty Finder or Party Finder? Few people use the duty finder other than for dailies / raids but the party finder people will use. At this point in the game, people are very busy doing event stuff, catching up on old content, and leveling up alt classes in preparation for 5.0. People don't normally just go dungeon raiding especially when it's synced.

At the end of June, people will come back for content, dungeons etc... It will be popular again, just right now people are too busy with every other aspect of the game. There's probably more people playing right now than usual, it's just dungeons are stupidly boring and people tend not to use them to level up unless it's a leveling roulette or command missions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ociela Koslun
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Most Likely around June 15th things will pick up. Most people resub about a week or so before an expac to refamiliarize and get any pre-downloading done.
    But as someone who has been playing MMOs since 2003 with EQ1, Pre-Expac time is slow no matter where you are, especially in Subscription MMOs.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast