Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Turning radii would be neat, if technically detrimental... So that certain mounts don't look weird when turning around (I.e. Regalia. Also... How DOES the Regalia turn? Like, all the wheels are inside the bodywork, so unless it works like a Tank and drives only right/left side wheels it wouldn't actually be able to turn and if it DOES work that way, well, it'd have a trash turning circle and speed basically requiring it to stop and then rotate...)

Though, honestly, for "Feel" of mounts, I think BDO does it best. Not only does your horse (And carriage) feel like a physical being, with acceleration, turning radii, being weighed down by having a lot of heavy crap in the saddlebags, and different max speeds depending on the quality of the terrain... But they were also persistent entities in the game. You didn't poof them out of thin air. You picked it up from the stable and rode it to where you needed to be, then when you got off it... It'd be standing right where you left it until you returned (Unless you paid a nearby stable to come pick it up for you)

Obviously such a design would not work in XIV, especially not after having established the current system for so long... But it was really cool. (Even if I would be constantly asking myself "Dude, where's my horse?" while playing )

As far as improving mount abilities in FFXIV goes... I don't know... Since, it kind of limits the freedom of riding the cool mount you want, if you get a special bonus for having a certain ability in a zone (Especially if its a zone like Eureka where it's supposed to be butt to try and get around). It also opens up some "P2W" potential if MogStation mounts gained unique or better abilities. This is to say nothing about whether the engine can cope with adding such things in (We don't have any "Gliding" actions as is... We also need a loading screen to transition from above/below water )
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dead Pixel
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by guardin View Post
    open your mind a little. This is a great idea and a great new concept for content. We could have areas designed just for special mounts for relics questing that open up special move sets for exploration on and off mounts.
    Then I'll say what people always say when someone suggests a completely new feature: I'd rather they focus on fixing or improving already existing content. If they spend all their time and budget on mounts with turning radii then we'll get less of other things.
    (0)
    Healing is like wrangling 3 toddlers on leashes in a parking lot that are desperate to get hit by cars, and I'm tired of doing it.

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojack View Post
    I just wish I could flight straight up. If you fly out of The House of the Fierce, Yanxia then you know you need to cork screw your way up and out of that place.
    This, though, would be the single biggest QOL change to flight, and implementing it would probably just require changing a single constant. At most, changing that single constant and then changing one mathematical calculation so that there isn't a divide by zero error. Currently the options are ascend slowly (hold jump button) or corkscrew. Just let us fly at all angles, realism be damned.

As far as visual things go, banked turns are about as far as I feel we would need to go with dev time spent on mount movement. Just set a max tilt for each mount, and then while in motion have the mount tilt more toward that angle the longer the turn button is held.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rongway; Yesterday at 08:45 AM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2