Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    A friend told me they will have more face options than previous races. She also said that was because they could offer these additional features because there were no opposite gender counterparts. I can't say if that is true but I think that was discussed on Reddit where she spends a lot of time. We should find out about the additional options if they exist soon.
    I'm going entirely off memory here, but I think that was in conjunction with the lack of headgear, not the gender lock - and they didn't specifically say we'd get more options, just something to the effect that "not being constrained by headgear means that we can include options we couldn't include otherwise". Which coukd be interpreted as a larger number of choices, but I think it's more likely that they just meant they could give them facial features that wouldn't work if they had to stick with the standard helmet designs.

If they've found a way to actually fit more options into the character data, I would greatly hope that new choices would be added for ALL character designs.

I suppose the one possibility is if they've somehow rigged the gender data to instead carry some other design element - assuming they're not data-wise two genders of one race - but that would completely cut off the possibility of releasing the other genders for the sake of maybe one more on/off design choice. If such a thing is even possible for their program, which it probably isn't.

In any case, it's best not to go with the "a friend of a friend said...." kind of info about upcoming game features, especially when it's promising something that would then be disappointing if it doesn't come to pass.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    They mentioned they are playing with the body morphs when they did the Fat Cats, so they might be coming out with a few #currentyear (at least it's not WoW's lol) model features which could be really cool. New character creation options would be nice (highlander eyebrows yes yes).
    I was wondering whether the "fat cats" might not actually be a separate or altered body model, but just the NPC-equivalent of a fat suit - so all the body shape is built into the gear, and it all animates on the same standard Miqo'te skeleton. I assume we'll have to wait until the game comes out and see what it looks like in the character data.

Otherwise it just seems strange to put effort into this different body model for NPCs over all the other graphical update possibilities that are likely to be more popular.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    I was wondering whether the "fat cats" might not actually be a separate or altered body model, but just the NPC-equivalent of a fat suit - so all the body shape is built into the gear, and it all animates on the same standard Miqo'te skeleton. I assume we'll have to wait until the game comes out and see what it looks like in the character data.

Otherwise it just seems strange to put effort into this different body model for NPCs over all the other graphical update possibilities that are likely to be more popular.
    This is all I could find on it :3

Itaru-san requests for more character customization options like making their character older (wrinkles). Yoshida answers by saying that the technology at tha time wasn’t advanced enough to include a lot of options for customization. Second, the body customization (fat or slim) may cause the body polygon to go haywire if they allow such option and us players will not be pleased about it. However, as said in the keynote they ARE currently challenging in allowing more options in body optimization. Not much at first but they want to gradually solve the challenge
    Q: We saw the plumped Miqo’tes in the trailers. Is there a possibility that players might be able to become like that, too? Also, will the Dwarves say “Lali-ho!”?

Yoshida: This has nothing to do with the previous “handsome and beautiful” I talked about earlier. Of course, there are different body types around the world. However, the fact is that due to the budget, we didn’t make those kinds of variations. This time we gave ourselves some freedom with the budget and it all started from the thought that maybe we should make a different body type for an existing race. I think we were able to make great characters. There are characters that are involved with the Main Scenario, so please, after you see them in the MSQ, please give us some feedback.

As for “Lali-ho”, I think it would be more interesting if I don’t say anything in that regard (laugh).
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eriane Elis
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    Assuming we get Male Viera and Female Hrothgar, hopefully someday in the future, "should" these be the last races SE adds with how difficult it is to add races to the game?
    It probably isn't difficult to add a new race to the game but having to add compatibility to said races is what's difficult. They can't add old armor to new races without first changing asset appearances for them, which adds to the game's size, rendering, and they really have to test just about everything in every circumstance. But what they probably end up doing is place said races in a few different test levels to make sure it works under most circumstances and then give it a whirl here and there until they feel confident enough. Players can report bugs and they can fix it later.

But, if there are 20,000 outfits, they would have to add 20,000 new outfits to said races. This is a lot of work and probably a good reason why they won't add new races. I'm sure most people can understand how much it would cost to do this and why it's better to just focus on other parts of the game. 5.0 is their biggest expansion yet and afterwards it's going to be 6.0 in maybe 2-3 years which I'm guessing will be the last major DLC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daiki Sejuro
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I hope so, then they can focus on existing races. Body, butt and other sliders need to be added for further customization. Also please give Highlanders eye brows lol I was instantly turned off by the character model because of that
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaedan Burkhardt
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaTsarra View Post
    A friend told me they will have more face options than previous races. She also said that was because they could offer these additional features because there were no opposite gender counterparts. I can't say if that is true but I think that was discussed on Reddit where she spends a lot of time. We should find out about the additional options if they exist soon.
    More head options, yes. That's what they said at Fan Fest. More accurately, they said "unique" heads with more options.

As for why they didn't do male Viera and female Hrothgar, it wasn't because of the unique heads. It was because they simply didn't have the time. They started development right after Stormblood was released, and they knew they would only have time to make one race... meaning a male and female of a single race. But since they wanted to make both Viera and Hrothgar, they split the difference and did one gender of each.

If they have the time and resources, they might finish the remaining genders, but he isn't making any promises.

As to the OP... no, I don't think they really need to add any more races. Sure, finish off the genders if they want, but I would rather see effort gone into improving existing races.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    T'alarea Taraf
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    They said last races but they didn't say last genders.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nagini Kagon
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningskull View Post
    Assuming we get Male Viera and Female Hrothgar, hopefully someday in the future, "should" these be the last races SE adds with how difficult it is to add races to the game?
    should they be.. No they shouldn't but they are.

they should add in 1 more tiny races be it moogles drones idk but 1 more short race for true balance on races
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roda Tirhaalo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    While I don't think that they should ever think of the game's future using words like "never" or "last" I do think it's perfectly fine to pace themselves out over multiple expansions. Like we don't need a new race/healer/tank/melee/caster/ranged every, or every other expansion. I'm fine with the story inspiring (or be presented to inspire) the designs of a new race or class, instead of them just shoehorning in something because they feel like they need to meet an expansion feature quota (cough, au ra, cough)

Plus they can do overhauls that they haven't tried before like fixing all those godawful textures, optimizing their gear creation process, adding new character creation features to existing races, adding wildlife interaction and dynamic npcs (predator monsters hunting prey monsters, starting asleep at night or in day if they're nocturnal, non-essential npcs wandering around with a kind of logic #GiveThoseDancingMiqotesPottyBreaks)
    (2)
    Last edited by Roda; 04-23-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Maybe if they stop making new races, they can start making more RSE.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast