Blacksmith Lv 90

Bug with Battle Effects Settings influencing NPC

Date & Time: 17, Apr 2019
    Frequency: Always
    World name: Behemoth
    Character name: Legewiel Tetnelin
    NPC name: Noctis
    Steps:
    1. Character Configuration, Change Battle Effect Settings, others (excl.pvp) to Show None

Noctis is being considered a normal person and so the effects of his skills, specially on the cinematics are being omitted when battle effect settings are set to Limited or None. A lot of ppl have being using simplified effects cause of a crowded Eureka and so they're losing a pretty cinematic at the end of the event without their knowledge and also this could end up influencing some similar battle in the upcoming expansion.

I made a video of the difference of both settings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4hatTxebY
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    it's not a bug. it's not a cutscene it's part of the battle so your battle effects settings will affect the visuals of the fight. it's unfortunate, but if you forget to change the settings, this is what you get.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Legewiel Tetnelin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Yes but NPC settings shouldn't be mixed with Others Settings, I'm ok with having full effects in a duty with 1 to 3 npc, I'm not ok to have full effects in a instance with 144 people.
    The reddit topic on this have a lot of disappointed ppl cause they had light effects settings cause of Eureka and now they lost the experience on an event that can't be redone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    *shrug* that's the way it is. I too forgot to readjust my settings and didn't get the full visual effect either. oh well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zieg Dantel
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    THAT'S WHAT HE WAS DOING? I thought it was really lackluster, him flopping around in the air. Huh, I didnt even consider he might have had effects.

Also I see that ast weapon square.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Wish I'd saved the WebM of the full effect. But yes. I was like, "Oh he's doing the thing, wish he had the blue glow." But no, it's just because I don't want to be unable to see a thing when 2 healers are showering my screen in glitter and green.

What the frick devs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Oh, that makes sense! It seemed rather anticlimactic to me.

Will have to remember to change the settings for my alt. Thanks for the warning!
    (0)