Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Crafting interface.. Shortcuts??

Just starting to level WVR again, and running into a roadblock with the interface.
    Example: The item needs Undyed Cotton CLoth, which requires Cotton Yarn, which requires Cotton Bolls.

I either have to copy the name of the sub-item I need to make, paste it into the search box, and find it, or search through the lists until I find it.
    THEN, I have go find the original item I wanted to make after completing all the sub-items.

Either way is NOT efficient. Is there some way I'm missing to jump directly to a sub-recipe without searching or list scanning?

An alternative might be to just let us click an item in the ingredient list, and have it jump to the recipe to make it, even if it's in a different craft you have. Add to this a back button, to move back up through the tree to the original item, or other subs you still need to make.
    (0)
    Last edited by SamSmoot; 04-16-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    That exists, right click ingredient and select search for recipe or something like that. It will take you to the 9th tab (the first 8 are the 8 crafting classes) with the recipe for the ingredient.

Triangle button on a gamepad swaps between the searched recipe and the recipe you used to search for it, the same way it swaps between 1-70 recipes and special recipes on the other 8 tabs. There's probably a mouse/keyboard equivalent, but I don't know it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    For cotton yarn/cloth specifically, and other items in that tier, I suggest buying them from the material supplier in the housing district.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    That exists, right click ingredient and select search for recipe or something like that. It will take you to the 9th tab (the first 8 are the 8 crafting classes) with the recipe for the ingredient.

Triangle button on a gamepad swaps between the searched recipe and the recipe you used to search for it, the same way it swaps between 1-70 recipes and special recipes on the other 8 tabs. There's probably a mouse/keyboard equivalent, but I don't know it.
    This, 100%. Search for item by crafting recipe. Then the "go back to what i searched from" option for mouse and keyboard is a button on the interface just above the list of what you searched for. Personally i use these search functions plus type myself a note in the chat bar that is essentially my "shopping list" for anything with more then a couple ingredients(especially when market prices arent good and i know im hunting down a few of them on my own).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    This, 100%. Search for item by crafting recipe. Then the "go back to what i searched from" option for mouse and keyboard is a button on the interface just above the list of what you searched for. Personally i use these search functions plus type myself a note in the chat bar that is essentially my "shopping list" for anything with more then a couple ingredients(especially when market prices arent good and i know im hunting down a few of them on my own).
    Thanks, that works. Much better than what I was doing before.
    A better system might be to right click the top level item you want to make, and select "show build list", and you get a full list of all components with the quantities you need to obtain/make next to each. Just click the subs to jump to their recipes.
    (0)
    Last edited by SamSmoot; 04-18-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Player
    Character
    Baxcel Farshot
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    If your planning to get into crafting i would definitely suggest crafting as a service.

It's a website for crafter and gatherers.

You can input what your trying to make an it will break it down into its base pieces and tell you where to buy them or where to gather them.

It's got handy info like what leves an what gear for certain levels and the such..

You can find it here: https://ffxivcrafting.com/list

Now if you have a team of friends to help you gather items i would suggest Teamcraft as you can make a shared crafting and gathering list that you can each check off the items you have till you have everything.

It's here: https://ffxivteamcraft.com
    (0)