Character
    Pantsu King
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Can we have some colorgrading?

Dear readers,

First and foremost I would like to express my enjoyment in the game thus far.
    Coming back from WoW the difference in community is like night and day, XIV reminds me what MMO's were/should be all about and that is having an active, lively and engaging community .

The graphics on the other hand are a night and day difference as well..
    I'n not talking about the art style.
    WoW is obviously very cartoony and exaggerated while XIV takes a more realistic approach, which is fine that is not the issue for me. No what shocked me the most are the colors!
    Comic back from such a colorful and lush world it felt like a slap in the face, at times I felt like I was splaying MGS4 back on my PS3 with all the browns and saturated colors.

So I tried some tweaking using the built in Nvidia Game Filter (ALT+F3 if enabled in Geforce Experience)
    As you can see below the difference is huge with zero effort, at least in my opinion.

NEW Vanilla vs Geforce Game Filter comparisons

OLD Vanilla vs Geforce Game Filter comparisons

Now it's far from perfect but personally I think the more vivid colors fit the game better, just look at the XIV CGI trailers..they have the same vivid colors and bloom
    but somehow they did not touch their color grading profile in game at all it seems.
    What do you guys think? I just hope some dev picks this up, I mean I can go on all day making comparison shots some scenery gets extremely nice with a color boost.
    (0)
    Last edited by PantsuKing; 04-17-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Use ReShade, bro.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia_Nightfall View Post
    Use ReShade, bro.
    I don't think Reshade is officially allowed, and is in the kind of position that meters are.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reimu Hakurei
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I don't think Reshade is officially allowed, and is in the kind of position that meters are.
    Of course, of course - I would never advocate the use of ReShade. Or parsers.

I have clearly expressed myself improperly!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Pantsu King
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Yeah I'm aware of Reshade/SweetFX and stuff like that. But that's just putting a band aid on an existing "issue".
    The game is really off-putting (for the people I know at least) because of this issue,
    the games' visuals in it's unedited state are just very dark, brownish gray and very unappealing in a lot of areas.
    And that's just a shame because the game can be beautiful.

Even though my post is based on pure anecdotal grounds, it's not like there's been a major poll or research done what most players want,
    I do believe it hold some merit.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Olivar Starblaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsuKing View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of Reshade/SweetFX and stuff like that. But that's just putting a band aid on an existing "issue".
    The game is really off-putting (for the people I know at least) because of this issue,
    the games' visuals in it's unedited state are just very dark, brownish gray and very unappealing in a lot of areas.
    And that's just a shame because the game can be beautiful.

Even though my post is based on pure anecdotal grounds, it's not like there's been a major poll or research done what most players want,
    I do believe it hold some merit.

wot?
    Just tweak your color profile ffs
    (5)
    Olivar Starblaze
    Onion Knight - Lalafell Carbuncle Retainer
    <TASTY>
    Ragnarok Server

Player
    Character
    Elja Djt-dvre
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I will need to search the source, but I remember somebody asked Yoshida about it and he said that Reshade is not prohibited and it's not against ToS. He said, hovewer, that if something will go wrong in the game because of Reshade - team will not be responsible in this case. So while it's not "officially allowed" - people actually can freely use it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Which image is supposed to be the "improved" one? The first version looks better to me - they colours look 'right' and realistic. The second image has a red shift to the image, and seems rather hazy or out-of-focus.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Parsers aren't allowed because they access restricted game data without authorization. Reshade only changed the output of your video card, it doesn't access any restricted game data.
    (1)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    Which image is supposed to be the "improved" one? The first version looks better to me - they colours look 'right' and realistic. The second image has a red shift to the image, and seems rather hazy or out-of-focus.
    I was thinking the same thing.

The first image looks better, the second is too 'light and red', meanwhile OP is complaining that the native colours are too 'dark and brown'.
    I'm thinking either the first images are the 'corrected' images and he's expressed himself poorly in the description, or OP is colourblind.
    (8)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast