Character
    Mythriak Westar
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

[Free Trial] Unable to get past Data Center select

Hello everyone,

I was finally able to convince my friend to try the Free Trial of Final Fantasy XIV, but unfortunately, he can't get past the 'select a Data Center' screen; he gets the black loading screen with the rotating loading marker in the corner, but that's it.
    I've made sure, to check as many things as possible to try and fix his problem, but I can't find the answer
    • We made sure to use the official European site to start his class trial registration
    • He got his confirmation e-mail and followed the required steps, and completed his registration
    • We downloaded the trial client from the link provided
    • His Mog Station seems to be alright too

The problem is that whenever he tries to log in, he can't get to the character creation screen.
    As I remember from my Free Trial period, the SE TOKEN was not necessary, and we were not told during his registration to set it up either.
    Has anyone encountered similar problems? Are there some additional steps required for free trials? Any help would be welcome.

Thank you in advance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Was he trying the other day when half the servers all went down?
    He could try now, if so?
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Is there an error message that appears on the screen? Or is it just a black loading screen?

Hope to see you online!
    (0)