Player
    Character
    Allicia Capulet
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Hatching tide 2019

Thanks you Square Enix for this event ! I really like when an event is more than just doing some repetitive fates or just talking to lots of NPCs. Thanks for making nice events like this, I like to have to think to find what to do. So this event was Eggcellent !

Also, this outfit is seggsy, I really like it ! ^^
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Nisah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't get what you're supposed to do for the quest O.o The map with the random letters and all X_x Either I'm stupid or I'm missing something
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by xLucia View Post
    I don't get what you're supposed to do for the quest O.o The map with the random letters and all X_x Either I'm stupid or I'm missing something
    You can talk to the catgirl from the quest to get some clue... well, she basically solves the quest for you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Nisah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Yeaa I did, and even that didn't help me at first >.> I feel so dumb hahaha. I suck at riddles, esp after I just woke up xD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cynehild Westknight
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The third instance of the map she shows you has both numbers and letters. She tells you if she follows the numbers from one to the other it gives her a name, this is an almost literal instruction for reading the map.

Read each letter between 1 and 2, then continue reading letters between 2 and 3. The letters in order spell out the name of a fairly prominent NPC in Gridania.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Nisah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Yea found it, I'm guessing the 2nd map riddle works the same way?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yuka Nisah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I didn't even think about talking to the NPC multiple times for hints >.< Gosh I feel so stupid hahaha
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Red Rider
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    The first puzzle was fun, the second one, however...

I [still] have no idea how "one, three, five" is related to that guy, I just roamed the Shroud and came across a bunch of people with the cinematic icon. I thought it'd be one of Marcette's assistants or someone named "Ace". /huh
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jakaar Rakkin
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post

I [still] have no idea how "one, three, five" is related to that guy, I just roamed the Shroud and came across a bunch of people with the cinematic icon. I thought it'd be one of Marcette's assistants or someone named "Ace". /huh
    Well you see;

After you get that clue, you have to read the letters between One, Three and Five on the event map for the TRUE answer: Gabineaux
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegor View Post

The final clue she gives points out that you're then meant to only follow the numbers on the map, 1 to 3 to 5, spells out the guy's name. But, also maybe made somewhat additionally difficult by expecting the player to know the odd NPC/location name.

More importantly, I've been playing for years, and I never knew that building was even accessible. I always thought those were locked doors. Literally NPCs I don't think I've ever noticed. Or at least it's been a very long time since I've seen that.

Only criticism I have is that the crumpled map is too faint, difficult to see how it relates to the actual map. Makes figuring out that first step all the more frustrating, I think, before you understand the spriggans aren't representing individual letters. Would've also/either been nice to have been able to keep the crumpled map up along with the player map, to be able to overlay and see a little clearer, without having to resort to all the hints.

I don't think I could've figured it out on my own without the hints, not really knowing what I was looking for. After learning to expect an NPC name in the first round, I might've made some progress on the second, if the map were a little more intuitive and easy to work with. And also maybe if the NPC were a little more recognizable. Although.... I don't think I'm very familiar with any NPC's names in Gridania, really. Damned elezen/wildwood naming conventions...
    (13)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast