Thread: Can't blacklist

Character
    Jetei Avagnar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 57

Can't blacklist

What the heck is going on? The manual /blist add "name" doesn't work, returns the "No PC by that name" error, the button to add as disappeared from the social tab blacklist page, when I search someone's name and right click the button to add to blacklist is not there, and when I'm standing right freaking next to them and right click? No blacklist option. Is this a bug or what? Nobody else but one thread on another site is talking about it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yeah, they changed a lot of how adding friends/blacklisting works in game ever since they started work on the cross world feature. Before I jumped over to Odin, my blacklist was rather broken. Had people showing up as (Unable to Retrieve), or if their name showed up, what world they were in didn't show.

Though if you try posting about it in the forums where you submit bugs/ect, it'll more than likely just be thrown into the 'working as intended' forum, with no explanation at all, like my thread here -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...n-my-blacklist
    (2)
    Please show support for chocobo boots to be added -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/323512-Suggestion-for-an-item-to-be-added-to-gold-saucer-Chocobo-Boots

Unhappy with how they implemented Mahjong? -> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/381358-Mahjong-is-the-most-depressing-mini-game-you-ve-added-to-XIV

Player
    Character
    Hypnotic Noodle
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 83
    Did you try to blacklist them from the contacts menu setting? That is how I blacklist all of mine, mainly because they are from dungeons and not from my server.
    (2)
    "If you walk through life thinking you are not needed, remember that there is always someone that is counting on you." -CP

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Blacklisting serves no point till they fix it. You still get put in parties with blacklisted players in duty finder. Happens to me all the time in Heaven on High.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wynn Storm
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by hynaku View Post
    Blacklisting serves no point till they fix it. You still get put in parties with blacklisted players in duty finder. Happens to me all the time in Heaven on High.
    Blacklisting was never an avoid option, it just makes it so you can't see what they are saying.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ahnohla Mujuuk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by hynaku View Post
    Blacklisting serves no point till they fix it.
    It's not going to be fixed because it is not broken. It just isn't designed the way you (or I) wish it were.
    (2)

Character
    Jetei Avagnar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 57
    How the heck DO YOU BLACKLIST someone then? None of the options work, the button is gone completely and the manual command no longer functions. Did they just completely remove the ability to blacklist from the game? This makes no sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikrazy View Post
    How the heck DO YOU BLACKLIST someone then? None of the options work, the button is gone completely and the manual command no longer functions. Did they just completely remove the ability to blacklist from the game? This makes no sense.
    You can only target people by name if the command is /tell; in this case you must

/tell Forename Surname@WorldName message

Targeting people by name is no longer valid for any other slash command. If you want to blist someone by slash command, you must be able to use a target tag on them. Slash commands still work with <t>, <mo>, <tt>, etc. If you cannot find the person so that you can target, mouseover, or target-of-target them, you must find them through one of the social menus/windows and blacklist them via context menu.

This is a poorly designed, but working as intended, feature that they implemented in preparation for the World Visit system.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rongway; 04-22-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Character
    Jetei Avagnar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    You can only target people by name if the command is /tell; in this case you must

/tell Forename Surname@WorldName message

Targeting people by name is no longer valid for any other slash command. If you want to blist someone by slash command, you must be able to use a target tag on them. Slash commands still work with <t>, <mo>, <tt>, etc. If you cannot find the person so that you can target, mouseover, or target-of-target them, you must find them through one of the social menus/windows and blacklist them via context menu.

This is a poorly designed, but working as intended, feature that they implemented in preparation for the World Visit system.
    What a joke, but thank you for the information. I was literally standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEM targeting them and there was no option to blacklist them, so it would appear that the only way to blacklist someone now is to be standing right next to them and use a /blist <t> command. What an awful system.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jennah Arhtima
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Social -> Contacts still seems to work well; at least if you're blacklisting someone who was an ass in the duty you were just in.
    (0)

11. 05-31-2019 10:18 PM
    Reason
    necro