Player
    Character
    Navani Aesudan
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Bard/Damage type changes for ShB

It looks like May is when they will start releasing info on class changes but maybe I missed some information that was already announced. I know they are getting rid of TP and making one resource bar but have they mentioned anything about removing or changing damage types?

The reason i ask is my static wanted a Bard in the group so i rolled one and even though i didn't really like all the micro managing to begin with i have gotten used to it and now kinda like the job but one thing that still bothers me is the reliance on one other class (DRG) to be in the group or you lose a significant chunk of your damage because they are the only job that can apply the piercing debuff. If they arnt removing/changing the damage types or adding jobs, including Bard that can apply it i will think about switching to Dancer if they don't rely on a specific damage type, that or change to a mage.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sethani Zabeth
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    My guess is that dnc will be dealing slashing damages so you'll have an alternative to piercing as range.
    (0)

Character
    Fransisco Acutus
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Making bards not need piercing is also a nerf to dragoons. Overall they are on the low end of the dps scales. If one of their best buffs stops being needed - then dragoons stop being as needed.

This change wouldn't really make bards more needed (they are kinda OP and always needed). It just gives more to one of the most meta classes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman1204 View Post
    Making bards not need piercing is also a nerf to dragoons. Overall they are on the low end of the dps scales. If one of their best buffs stops being needed - then dragoons stop being as needed.
    Giving BRD/MCH piercing would require DRG to be buffed. Either via personal damage or through their utility (like Battle Litany, which is already really good currently considering how high Crit scales at the end of every expansion - it would just need to be buffed more to make up for the 300~400 rDPS DRG loses from piercing).

This change wouldn't really make bards more needed (they are kinda OP and always needed). It just gives more to one of the most meta classes.
    Piercing isn't really about making BRD more needed - it's making it not reliant on another job for 5% of its damage. BRD/MCH are the only DPS jobs reliant on another job for their appropriate resistance down; all the other DPS jobs either apply it themselves, or don't have one at all in the case of casters.

Yoshida is aware that BRD/MCH mains are not entirely pleased with having to rely on a DRG for piercing. It was mentioned to him, probably close to a year ago now, by a JP player. So, hopefully, they consider the complaints they've had about it. Unfortunately, it would not surprise me if they continued to make the two reliant on having a DRG.

As for removing the resistance down debuffs, that is unlikely. Considering that, when they announced Gunbreaker, they stated that it will deal slashing damage. So the resistance downs are here to stay for at least another expansion.
    (0)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 04-10-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055