Player
    Character
    Maya Sop
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80

About the upcoming NA free transfer

Hey everyone, looking for a bit of advice here.
    I have 5 characters on Excalibur, an FC with house, a private house and an apartment.
    I'd like to take the chance of free transfer to relocate all my characters to an EU server, and reading all the news about the upcoming free period for data center expansion, I have an unresolved question.
    Will I be able to benefit from this offer by moving from Excalibur (NA data center) to any EU server on the 23rd? The news didn't mention any restriction of this type and I don't want to send a request if I'm going to lose my FC and houses when I can't target an EU server.
    Also, do I have to demolish my houses or just empty them (save the goodies) and leave them as they are?
    I'd appreciate any input, thanks in advance!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amaya Nero
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I'm not sure about the NA > EU request but you are able to remove regular housing items before transferring. the reimbursement i believe is for the plot and special items that will be lost if attempted to be removed once placed (usually notifies you of this prior to placing said item). DO NOT demolish your house before the transfer or you'll lose the bonus! however the regular requirements for transferring are the same, like removing any items for sale on the market board.

*edit*
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...d1ebf675536bb9
    here you go i hope this helps!
    (0)
    Last edited by moregano; 04-09-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maya Sop
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jayce Kresnik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    The free transfer is only for players on the affected servers being moved onto the new datacenter. You will not have the opportunity to take advantage of this transfer period as stated in this link

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...939.1554024460

in quote "For a period of approximately two weeks following the implementation of each new Data Center, all characters on affected Data Centers will be able to transfer Worlds at no cost."
    meaning only the servers being removed from primal and aether and since excal is not being moved you cannot transfer for free.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Layne De'beaumont
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by VonTroxel View Post
    The free transfer is only for players on the affected servers being moved onto the new datacenter. You will not have the opportunity to take advantage of this transfer period as stated in this link

in quote "For a period of approximately two weeks following the implementation of each new Data Center, all characters on affected Data Centers will be able to transfer Worlds at no cost."
    meaning only the servers being removed from primal and aether and since excal is not being moved you cannot transfer for free.
    it's hard to say. People who have friends/statics on servers being moved are being effected. I don't know what the plans are but we'll have to wait for news after servers are ready to come back up
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekurenai View Post
    Thank you
    By the way Bebekurenai, this link and image below might also help as well... similar to you, I also have two of my alts that I would like to transfer back to EU and Japanese servers for several logistics reasons. My main characters on Excalibur (NA) and Aegis (JP) might remain where they currently reside.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...nsfer_service/

(0)
    Last edited by Ramesses; 04-23-2019 at 02:03 AM.
    "After ten years, finally headed to Sharlayan... absolutely stoked"

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by VonTroxel View Post

Wrong.
    If you read the article you linked to, it says:

▼NA Availability

Dates: Tuesday, April 23 to Monday, May 6, 2019
    Eligible: All characters on NA Data Centers
    So all characters on all the NA servers will be able to transfer for free during the indicated period. They can transfer to any other server in any datacenter - except for Congested servers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Layne De'beaumont
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    So all characters on all the NA servers will be able to transfer for free during the indicated period. They can transfer to any other server in any datacenter - except for Congested servers.
    That's what I was thinking too. A lot of people are being effected in some way by this
    (0)