Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Melichoir View Post
    I mean yeah, this would work but youre just giving a lvl 42 person another 20% cooldown, more or less, at the expense of having a pretty substantial magical tank buster cool down with additional easily applied mitigation of TBN at 70. Meaning, under these changes, we would have less mitigation, and less mitigation choice. Now if you want to deal with a buster, you got SW+TBN....and thats it. You can do Ramp + TBN, but now youre not mitigating other attacks (AoEs, autos, misc damage). Youre increasing the burden on healers in this case. I dunno, this really seems like a short term gain for an overall loss in tanking proficiency for DRK.
    Bearing in mind they're also reworking role skills, and likely doing something with Rampart/Anticipation/Awareness/Reprisal.
    I think we have far too many weak mitigators as it is, and Dark Mind is one of them as far as I'm concerned.

If role skills are abolished and each tank gets say, two skills that replace the four lost, greater potency with shorter cooldown or longer duration to make up for the fewer options, then this could easily make up for the lack of Dark Mind at 70.

For example:
    PLD gets Ramp and Anticipation back as exclusives.
    Rampart: 20% damage reduction, cooldown reduced to 60s.
    Anticipation: Parry rate increased by 30%, and the damage reduction of Blocks/Parries increased from 20% to 30%. 60s cooldown.

WAR gets:
    Awareness: Nullifies chance of critical damage, and 20% chance of incoming attacks only dealing 50% damage. Cooldown reduced to 90s.
    *Rapid Recovery: All incoming damage triggers a heal for 20% of the damage dealt for 10s. 45s cooldown.

DRK gets:
    Reprisal: Lowers targets damage by 20% for 5s.
    *New Skill: 20% of incoming damage is taken by your MP instead of your HP for 10s. (paired with more effective MP regeneration elsewhere, say an improved Blood Price/Weapon or something)
    (0)
    Last edited by Seraphor; 04-11-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reynhart Kristensen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    My Wishlist :
    • Tank stance to be changed to Dread Spikes, that leeches and reflects 20% of damage taken
    • Darkside removed and all DRK's potency increased by 20% to compensate, with all "Dark" skills natively available
    • Dark Arts changed to a toggle that increases the same skills as now, with any enhanced skills costing additionnal MP
    • Soul Eater having it's HP leech even without Grit

Alongside those, I'd like to see the Blood Gauge changed drastically. Instead of it being a ressource you build and spend, it would be something that fills overtime, increasing your damage step by step, but that should not reach 100 carelessly. Some skills would spend portion of it, or prevent it from increasing, mainly the "Dark" skills, so that you would have to plan their rotation. And if the gauge reaches 100, it would create an Explosion around you, but would apply "down for the count" for a few seconds, and back to 0 Blood. So it would be strategic to make your blood explode before a phase change.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reynhart; 04-11-2019 at 09:27 PM.
    Y: I usually compare FFXIV with a theme park, but the Forbidden Land of Eureka won’t be a place where everyone would want to go. For example, there are people who don’t want to go to horror houses because they don’t see the point in getting scared on purpose. For example, on a date, the boyfriend might want to invite the girlfriend to go the horror house, but the girlfriend just doesn’t seem to find it fun. In other words, it’s not like everyone wants to go to the horror house, but there are people who just love the adrenalin rush they get from it. Think of Eureka as something like that.

Player
    Character
    Goffard Gaffgarion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    I would not be surprised if Dark Mind was changed and a 6-10 second 30% Magic DR cooldown was made into a new role action skill.

Of the lesser non-homogenized defense CDs (Bulwark, ToB, RIntuition, DM) ToB I really like. It gives personal utility, can be used for different needs.

I hope for some creativity in the CDs of that set or future CDs so they're more in that vein. Not everything being a 'here's another DR with no other purpose'.

Don't know how well it would work but say if DM did something different and new: like cut the recast in half of the last executed Ability, or cut the recast in half of the next executed Ability (of a fixed set of Abilities). An MT DRK would follow every Shadow Wall with a DM, but an OT DRK would match DM with every C&S, Delirium, or w/e.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xenosan; 04-12-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Roxanne Steele
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    My personal wishes were more based around how I wanted them to make Dark Knight into the powerhouse tank.

Make Darkside be fueled by Black Blood and remove Dark Arts and roll the effects into Darkside.
    Boost the damage of Darkside to compensate for the fact that you're not using it all the time.
    Make Blood Price and Blood Weapon generate Black Blood from the start.
    Have us learn Delirium when we'd learn Dark Arts and make it generate fifty Black Blood, instead of cost that amount.
    Change Quietus to an oGCD, boost the damage, and make Blood Price and Blood Weapon reduce the cooldown on it.
    Change Bloodspiller to a combo action after Syphon Strike and remove the Black Blood cost.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2