Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90

Miner not mining?

I was just out mining in Azin Steppe today, and someone landed at the rock I was working, stopped at each deposit for a second, but never took a swing at either one. Why might he be doing that?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baxcel Farshot
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSmoot View Post
    I was just out mining in Azin Steppe today, and someone landed at the rock I was working, stopped at each deposit for a second, but never took a swing at either one. Why might he be doing that?
    I don't remember what the nodes are called, but some special nodes that have timers can be respawned by going to other nodes for a limited time. He may have been trying to refresh it or was trying to respawn a node with the correct bonus he needed for his gathering
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxcel View Post
    I don't remember what the nodes are called, but some special nodes that have timers can be respawned by going to other nodes for a limited time. He may have been trying to refresh it or was trying to respawn a node with the correct bonus he needed for his gathering
    Thanks. I suppose they might be the Ephemeral ones. I keep seeing one pop up occasionally. Usually they just have worthless, unsellable junk on them through.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    You can reset node spawns by merely accessing a other nodes.

More specifically, nodes spawn in pairs. Accessing one will respawn the oldest pair (There are 3 pairs of each node)

Why is this important?

Well, for Ephemeral nodes that are only available at a given time in game, this will be done to gain more attempts at harvesting from this special node.

Outside of that, you can check all of the "Blank" nodes (Ones that don't have the +1 gathering attempt, 5% HQ increase or 10% gathering rate effects on them) to fish for the random effects that are more potent (Such as +2 gathering attempts, +1 yield, +50% HQ increase etc) which can make harvesting collectables much easier (Especially due to you wanting to get the most out of your GP, given the CD on Cordials)

Thanks. I suppose they might be the Ephemeral ones. I keep seeing one pop up occasionally. Usually they just have worthless, unsellable junk on them through.
    Actually, Ephemeral nodes are quite good. Specifically because if you gather collectables from them, they're worth slightly more than from regular nodes (But are harder to obtain good qualities of)

Which is noteworthy for trying to obtain Yellow Scrips.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Akira Kazama
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    people farm Ephemeral nodes to use aetherial reduction on the resources in the nodes. That's how me get different aethersands for crafting. It's very valuable junk.

We also refresh nodes to get treasure maps and other hidden rng items
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    He could have been fishing for maps.

I do that every day.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I was also thinking maps. Node doesn't have a map (or has one you don't want), ignore it and move on to the next.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fugu Barr
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I was also thinking maps. Node doesn't have a map (or has one you don't want), ignore it and move on to the next.
    Do maps respawn on existing nodes after you've checked them? If you don't harvest them, you don't get any new ones.
    (I just sell the maps I do get, since I found early on that the monsters they spawn are impossible to solo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalise Relanah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    (I just sell the maps I do get, since I found early on that the monsters they spawn are impossible to solo.
    It depends on the map.

Some maps are designed to be soloed.

But each expansion also has a map that is designed for 8 players to beat.

It even puts a little indicator in the corner of the map after you decipher it telling you the number of players its balanced for.

Of course, the 8 player maps have the best loot, but the single player maps are soloable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Additional possibility, they were just looking for hidden items. Doesn't show up on one node, move on to the next.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast