Player
    Character
    Beer Wulf
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80

Healers seriously need a nerf in PvP

It's really putting off playing PvP when a healer is practically invincible unless you have 4-5 people locking them down...
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    WHM was already nerfed.
    (0)

3. 04-07-2019 11:30 PM

Player
    Character
    Eternal Arcadia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I'll just copy and paste what I said the last time this was up. Hopefully some folks read it and can figure out how to deal with healers.

------------------------
    If you blindly mash buttons against a healer, especially solo, you're not going to have a good time. At that point it's a good idea to do some research about how to play jobs properly and how they interact with each other.

If you're on a job with proper CC, you can solo a healer if you catch them off guard.

Realistically though, if one person could solo a healer we would have much less healers running around. Are YOU going to heal when a DPS can look at you and melt you? Doubt it. It's already hard enough as is to get randoms to go healer, yet everyone seems to think they're OP. Seems like a disconnect here.

To everyone who thinks healers are OP: go healer for a few games. You will quickly learn how to properly go against one, and you will quickly realize that healers are from from OP.

In order to CONSISTENTLY kill healers, CC must be utilized properly and DPS/Tanks need to focus the same target. Try this macro out.

/p "Attacking Marked Target on 1"<wait.1>
    /mk attack1
    /mk attack5 <t> <wait.1>
    /mk attack4 <attack5> <wait.1>
    /mk attack3 <attack4> <wait.1>
    /mk attack2 <attack3> <wait.1>
    /mk attack1 <attack2> <wait.1>

Again, if healers could be melted instantly by anyone, even those who don't understand the basics, no one will play healer.

As it is it stands now it will take:
    -1 skilled DPS with CC to kill an inexperienced healer
    - multiple (2DPS and a tank or so) experienced folks to take out a experienced healer
    - multiple inexperienced DPS to take out an inexperienced healer.

That's heavily simplified but gives an idea of balance around healer.

Remember that healers don't have AoE healing. Yeah, there are things like Assize and Synastry, but most healers will panic if lots of people are dropping. A tactic I like to do is slowly chip away at a healer, keep them high enough that they feel safe to heal other people. When the healer is at about 20% HP do your burst. This is as a SOLO player. With the macro above you will get at least one other person bursting with you which should lead to a kill.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Rox View Post
    -no one will play healer.
    Wanna bet?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Willielmus Lannis
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Healers have already been nerfed with the 4.0 changes.
    You can literally just spam buttons with some jobs which can deal a pretty good amount of damage. It's so easy to burst with the few buttons we currently have; it's just that you have to time it with others' bursts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gya Ru
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    they were kinda ,when everyone was a brd or a mch ,now that melee are the new stupidly broken class, they cant take advantage of los as much as before again hordes of sam war and such.

and we are not even start talking about melee with battle high\fever and their lb or just a nja.

so switch or learn how to play a melee or a tank i guess.

ciao.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altria Pendragons
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Wolf View Post
    It's really putting off playing PvP when a healer is practically invincible unless you have 4-5 people locking them down...
    You may find people telling you to focus healer on the Frontline. They are veteran wannabe and often mislead new players to Frontline. Post 4.5, you need to focus range instead and only switch to healer after you saw they used damage reduction CD on the range. This is not only greatly reduce his range’s damage outpu and also wasted tanks and healers CD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Piush Stumbleine
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Buff AST and SCH. Healers have been nerfed enough already :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    If you are in Frontline or Rival Wings, go as a melee DPS or Tank. Since 4.5, they deal more damage than ranged/casters. Use crowd control as well. It’s quite possible to solo a healer as a Ninja.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Khalith Mateo
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Healers do indeed need to be nerfed, I've said it countless times but I'll repeat it here:

Healing should delay death, not prevent it.

Also yes, every class should be able to take out a healer 1v1 *eventually* and what I mean by that is NOT that a dps should be able to kill a healer in one damage rotation which only idiots claim I'm advocating for. Instead, I'm saying that any one 1v1 against a healer should be able to kill them *eventually.* Now what is a reasonable time frame for that? I honestly don't know, but "never" is not a reasonable amount of time. Not only that, but killing a healer 1v1 should be possible even in the absence of CC (stuns, silences, etc.)

Secondly, there should be a one healer limit on teams in PVP. Matches where no one ever dies because both teams have 2-3 healers nearby cross healing each other and every one else isn't fun.
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast