Player
    Character
    Wes Thint
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 30

Smith Update Suggestion

I've been playing the game for some time now, and I finally hit level 70 and finished the last dungeons of 4.0 Stormblood a month or so ago. I had really been enjoying the game up to that point, but I came to a sudden realization during those dungeons: I didn't know how to play the game. I was able to function well enough in content up to that point, but I knew nothing of deeper mechanics like weaving. I tried looking up endgame guides for help, but the advice is altogether overwhelming to try and take in all at once. Currently, The Smith works in teaching players how the basics of the game work, but I would love to see more advanced tutorials become available at level 50 or 60 to help people like me learn about deeper mechanics.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eileen White
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes_Thint View Post
    I've been playing the game for some time now, and I finally hit level 70 and finished the last dungeons of 4.0 Stormblood a month or so ago. I had really been enjoying the game up to that point, but I came to a sudden realization during those dungeons: I didn't know how to play the game. I was able to function well enough in content up to that point, but I knew nothing of deeper mechanics like weaving. I tried looking up endgame guides for help, but the advice is altogether overwhelming to try and take in all at once. Currently, The Smith works in teaching players how the basics of the game work, but I would love to see more advanced tutorials become available at level 50 or 60 to help people like me learn about deeper mechanics.
    This would be helpful, though if you’re looking to improve also try going to The Balance Discord. Lots of friendly people that’ll help you with your job there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Acelyn Abattoir
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes_Thint View Post
    you know how to play if you've made it that far, now it's just on you to master your own class and style, you've been doing fine unless you were kicked from everything you joined, just keep doing endgame content and asking other players about things you're iffy on to keep polishing your skills, also dont get mad if someone tosses a sarcastic comment mid run about you playing weirdly cause usually they notice things you've overlooked.

imo the smith should stay as is, going over pure basics for greenies and giving them gear so they dont get gobbled up by cactuars and high level players should guide the lower ranks as they progress instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Twilight
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    They need to add Training to teach healers, how to use Protect, Swiftcast+Res, Esuna, Lucid Dreaming and for anyone when and who should and shouldn't use the limit break!

Healers should use protect at the start of all duties even if isn't really needed even the lower level Guildhests
    (0)
    Last edited by gtasthehunter; 04-20-2019 at 03:17 AM.