Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Please recycle crafting materials in Shadowbringers

Please reuse mats that we currently have for the 71-80 recipes and just add new stuff for the star recipes. It's stupid having so many names for mats i.e wheat when it's still wheat but with a regional name added on. This would also bring new life into the Market board and help lower level crafters too.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Avnus Vabruyt
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I agree. I don't craft or gather but what's the point of there being so many different types of fabrics, wood, pelts if by next exp they are going to be useless. Give them usage of some kind so they stay relevant.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by AvenoMatt View Post
    I agree. I don't craft or gather but what's the point of there being so many different types of fabrics, wood, pelts if by next exp they are going to be useless. Give them usage of some kind so they stay relevant.
    Do you raid? Do you know about the gear treadmill?

Its the same darn thing for crafters and gatherers except the treadmill is materials and recipes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Kazama
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AvenoMatt View Post

You don't craft or gather but, an fyi. New materials in new zones don't make old materials obsolete. The old recipes don't go away and are still used even at lvl 70.
    (0)
    Last edited by UserHere; 04-08-2019 at 02:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Baxcel Farshot
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Yeah no, going to disagree. Keeping old stuff as the base of new recipes is a bad idea. The price on those items have already bottomed out over the past 2 years of people gathering them. Adding something new would refresh the market with new mats an items to keep the system going.

Keeping it the old stuff would be an insult to crafters an gathers. Would you be ok if when shadowbringers dropped and your class went from 70 to 80. Going all the way from 70 to 80 you never received a new skill or action? That's what it would be like for life skillers if they didn't give us new mats to work with.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kirika Yuumura
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    However, I do like what they did with the current Master 6 / 4 Star culinary recipes by having one or two materials that are ARR or HW origin for each.
    That gives value for low level players who sell materials and the need for high level player to go to older areas/content.
    (0)
    Kirika Yuumura of the Noir

The Soldats' Manor, home of the Noir and of Noir's Eorzean Natural History Museum and Aquarium
    Plot 7, Ward 22, Shirogane, Faerie

Noir... It is the name of an ancient fate. Two maidens who govern death; the peace of the newly-born Noir hands protect.

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Old materials have been mixed in with new for most recipies. As an example twinthread is made with twin coons from the peaks and effervescent water from South shroud (lv 25 or so)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Trinne Lanquairt
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Plus, if no new materials were introduced in 70-80 content, there would literally be no need to level up your gatherers. However, it's mentioned having new mats for only the endgame recipes, but that's also a bad idea, and here's why: if the endgame is using new materials, but there aren't any new nodes to gather from that are level appropriate for your gatherers while leveling, all you are left with to level (efficiently) is leves at launch. This could work for a while, but at the same time, once you run out, you are basically SoL.

But, if we go with the removal of new materials because of different names, we had better get rid of new mobs and dungeons, because that's the rough parallel for battle jobs. </snark>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    While I think removing metals and lumbers isn't great, we could eliminate some other materials, mainly beast drops. Just group some together I to the lowest level.
    (0)