Player
    Character
    Willem Allen
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansion View Post
    Well AST regardless of the Sect will have "minimal" function of the other one through Collective Uncounscious, that both shields and regens, with a longer CD though. But AST's strength currently is Earthly Star, Essential Dignity and cards (with Time Dilatation, Opposition included), and Regens because Noct Ast is not too interesting.
    I think AST is fine without Regen/Shield on their Aspected spell.
    ES and CU is very powerful to heal the entire party.
    Let WHM Regen and SCH Fairy dealing with auto atk on tank.

SCH should share its ability with other healers.
    Maybe rework Excog into shield effect?
    An instant and powerful shield on a single target (cannot be spreaded with deployment).

Let AST Aspected Benefic and Aspected Helios give a buff similar to Excog.
    And change the sect effect.
    Sect should only affecting card (not healing).

Diurnal Sect:
    Grant you the ability to draw offensive arcana to aid your allies.
    Under this sect you can only Draw and Redraw Balance, Spear, or Arrow.
    Using Minor Arcana will always grant you Lord of Crowns.
    Cooldowns: 10 sec? or maybe longer?
    Also possible to Sect swap during battle.

Nocturnal Sect:
    Grant you the ability to draw defensive arcana to aid your allies.
    Under this sect you can only Draw and Redraw Bole, Ewer, or Spire.
    Using Minor Arcana will always grant you Lady of Crowns.
    Cooldowns: 10 sec? or maybe longer?
    Also possible to Sect swap during battle.

With this Sect effect on card, we can minimize the RNG of our cards.
    Sleeve Draw will not affected by Sect. You can get all type of cards.
    If you want to Redraw after Sleeve Draw, the Redraw is still affected by the Sect.
    (3)
    Last edited by Bobsmiaw; 04-03-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsmiaw View Post
    Snip
    Mmmh. I see what you want to do, but I'm not a big fan.

Minor Arcana is blocked in that system, because you know what you will get :
    In Noct, you draw Bole, you redraw into Spire or Ewer : Royal road you have an AoE card.
    Then in Diurnal you draw in the worst case Arrow, you redraw into Spear or Balance : you have your buff.
    Each minute you will have a good AoE card. That is powerful. And there's no reason to Minor Arcana anything in that context (unless you make Minor Arcana into a mini-draw itself).
    In the current potency of cards and cooldowns, this is forcing an AST in each composition. You could also double AST and virtually have a card up every 30seconds.
    A job like that would work in a "buffer" role outside of DPS/Heal/Tank, as it would need to have low pDPS and heal to make it fair for other jobs.

I'd actually prefer an ability that allows AST to switch Sects during the fight for a short duration. So you could switch to power-shield/heal while being diurnal or into support-regen though you chose the nocturnal sect. Then Noct would need a small healing buff to make the shields worth it.
    Cards are ok now with Minor Arcana and Sleeve Draw. Anything more is welcome but it's not mandatory for now.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I will restate some of the stuff I've said before while I can.

I really think AST should be a Heal-Over-Time or Reactionary/Time-Delay healer.

Diurnal sect would make heals HoTs while Noctournal sect would turn them into reactionary (Buff has X stacks and lasts for a long time, upon taking damage target loses a stack and gets a heal. When 0 stacks or time runs out, buff fades) healer or time delay (like Earthly Star)

This would give SE and the AST more opportunity to do things with their cards while the healing is being taken care of over a duration. Also duration extending abilities would work on their heals which just makes this type of healing make even more sense for them.
    (2)
    "Then what is magic for?" Prince Lir demanded wildly. "What use is wizardry if it cannot save a unicorn?"
    Schmendrick did not turn his head. With a touch of sad mockery in his voice, he said, "That's what heroes are for."
    -- Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Player
    Character
    Haxaan Shivar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiryuu View Post
    I will restate some of the stuff I've said before while I can.

I really think AST should be a Heal-Over-Time or Reactionary/Time-Delay healer.

Diurnal sect would make heals HoTs while Noctournal sect would turn them into reactionary (Buff has X stacks and lasts for a long time, upon taking damage target loses a stack and gets a heal. When 0 stacks or time runs out, buff fades) healer or time delay (like Earthly Star)

This would give SE and the AST more opportunity to do things with their cards while the healing is being taken care of over a duration. Also duration extending abilities would work on their heals which just makes this type of healing make even more sense for them.
    I love this idea. The time Delay aspect of Spells would also play into the "Time Mage" feel that AST has as an underlying theme mixed with it's tarot/star magic. This would make the AST identity play much differently than WHM and SCH and would make the playstyle much more interesting. This would also make WHM a more viable option for endgame content because it would be the only Majority HoT/Direct Heal Healer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Malto Thoris
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's a good idea but it comes into trouble when say, if groups wanna go WHM/AST in endgame especially the ultimates. How will the mitigation be handled? A good amount of damage in those fights comes from sources that can't be debuffed directly. And there are some moves that can't be survived without shields(Gigaflare, Nael Megaflare and most importantly, Morn Afah) Not to mention, with the exception of Reprisal due to two tanks, the cds of the others are spaced out so they can't be up for every aoe attack. (Nael and Twintania in UCOB during the Bahamut phase and the primals in UWU during Woke Ultima)

I'm not saying the idea is bad but you need to consider elements of the encounter design and see what you can do to make it work.

There's also the fact about the lb generation you get from abusing shields so that aspect would need to change but of course we don't know everything yet til May so we need to wait and see.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltothoris View Post
    It's a good idea but it comes into trouble when say, if groups wanna go WHM/AST in endgame especially the ultimates. How will the mitigation be handled? A good amount of damage in those fights comes from sources that can't be debuffed directly. And there are some moves that can't be survived without shields(Gigaflare, Nael Megaflare and most importantly, Morn Afah) Not to mention, with the exception of Reprisal due to two tanks, the cds of the others are spaced out so they can't be up for every aoe attack. (Nael and Twintania in UCOB during the Bahamut phase and the primals in UWU during Woke Ultima)

I'm not saying the idea is bad but you need to consider elements of the encounter design and see what you can do to make it work.

There's also the fact about the lb generation you get from abusing shields so that aspect would need to change but of course we don't know everything yet til May so we need to wait and see.
    You don't necessarily need mitigation so long as you make sure the HoTs of the AST are designed around the incoming damage of tank busters and the like. A large volume, short duration HoT can easily restore damage being taken long enough for a WHM to get a heal off. A reactionary/time delay heal could be cast before the tank buster to heal some of that damage back immediately after taking it keeping the tank alive long enough for the WHM to get a heal off. As long as you can keep the tanks alive long enough for the big heals from the WHM, you don't really need mitigation when you have a WHM/AST combo.

If you've ever played Everquest, the Celestial Elixir line of heals is the idea of AST heals I'm having. In FFXIV terms perhpas you would have (and please keep in mind this is a hypothetical example just to give an idea, the numbers would have to be worked out by the dev team, etc) Benediction I heal about 1/2 the amount of a Cure every tick for 3 ticks. Thus, it heals more (50% more in this example) but it takes longer for that heal to be applied.
    (1)
    "Then what is magic for?" Prince Lir demanded wildly. "What use is wizardry if it cannot save a unicorn?"
    Schmendrick did not turn his head. With a touch of sad mockery in his voice, he said, "That's what heroes are for."

Player
    Character
    Malto Thoris
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Thing is what if you have 41k hp and you have the aoe which does about 47k before mitigation. This is what I mean, the damage in ultimates and savages(the last two fights mostly) for the main aoes is usually higher than what the max hp even with vit melds at times. SO they were have to be a lot of tweaking with numbers to make it work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Imbri Undinare
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltothoris View Post
    Thing is what if you have 41k hp and you have the aoe which does about 47k before mitigation. This is what I mean, the damage in ultimates and savages(the last two fights mostly) for the main aoes is usually higher than what the max hp even with vit melds at times. SO they were have to be a lot of tweaking with numbers to make it work.
    Again, I'm not really a developer so I don't know if they designed the fights this way or whatnot, but yeah. You would have to make sure the AST or the fights are designed appropriately (preferably both). Change these sorts of mechanics to do the same damage in 3 hits, thus allowing a reactionary heal that heals on damage taken to soften the blow of the hits so the tank can survive, for example. Or make it so that if the tank has one of these buffs on it factors in that healed HP to their own. Also, tanks have their own mitigation and cooldowns too. As for other players make sure you don't stand in the zone and make sure Raid-Wide AoE damage is appropriate for the health and gear people will be attempting these fights at.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2