Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sabine Chareux
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Any chance of a response to player concerns about hunts?

Hunts are still an ongoing issue with the new world visit system. By that I mean players from high pop servers are still running around on low pop servers killing all the hunts. Is this an intended design feature, SE? Eliminate the hunt communities that have been built by smaller servers by flooding them with people from high pop places?
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Yes it's an intended design feature. It's pretty much the only gameplay aspect of the world visit system. It's not just meant for RP.

Hunts are now datacenter wide, not server.
    People who have embraced the change have managed to get far more hunts done than they could before.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aristotle Avinroo
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    The system of having gigantic linkshell networks where everyone goes to every single hunt for credit was never intended by the developers. What the devs did expect was for people to form parties and actively hunt together. What they didn't intend when they introduced hunts was for them to be hunted solo, but they remedied that by adding more hunts each expansion to make up for it. Those who feel they are missing S ranks need only take part in helping spawn them. If they are on the map they won't miss it. They can use the preexisting linkshell networks to coordinate this information so everyone can help. If they want A rank kills, they are free to look for themselves. I think this is an improvement because it forces players to actively participate in the content instead of just sitting and waiting for calls. As Seraphor said, if you actively hunt, the amount of kills you get every day is much higher than it was before. Demanding this be taken away is detrimental to everyone.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    It's kind of annoying to be out in an explorable zone and suddenly shout chat fills up with the "[Server] Train" of people from other worlds coming in to collect them all. Like if you're not part of the herd scooping up everyone's hunts, you don't get to do it. It was already annoying having people silently kill a hunt monster without telling anyone or tracking it, but now there's just no point in looking since they're never there because a bunch of people that aren't even on that server killed it as soon as it spawned.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    If a group of players actively participate in searching for hunts, keeping track of the spawn windows and helping to spawn S ranks then honestly they are doing nothing wrong regardless of the world. You get back what you choose to be involved in and if you don't do much in terms of hunts and only wait for someone else to alert others (via Linkshells etc), then there isn't really much right to complain about it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    You will miss maybe 3-4 A ranks in your home world, but now you have access to 84 more A ranks in other servers, and that's only counting SB ones. They are on a such low respawn timer that there's almost always a train running somewhere.

It's time to change your mindset around hunts, the new way to hunt will give people far more A and S than they could ever hunt before.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I've been averaging 100 S ranks a week as a casual hunter since cross world opened. And met a bunch of new people. Sure, some people are awful, but that's just like anything else. The system is overall positive I think.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kleeya White
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Still, i wonder what players who spent whole years to get the tiger mount are thinking of the fact that you can do the same now in a few weeks... It did always look for me like an unreachable goal if you were not regularly a lot into hunting, now it kinda looks like a joke.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rocket Teira
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleeya View Post
    Still, i wonder what players who spent whole years to get the tiger mount are thinking of the fact that you can do the same now in a few weeks... It did always look for me like an unreachable goal if you were not regularly a lot into hunting, now it kinda looks like a joke.
    The same thing that Raiders go through every tier. Put all that work in then watch others breeze through unsynched or over geared.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Oscarlet Oirellain
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAlex View Post
    Is this an intended design feature, SE?
    Yes; they specifically said we could "do hunts on other worlds". World Visit is intended to balance all world's populations, open world content and markets. For example, worlds that have low hunt attendance will now have a higher attendance, especially outside peak hours. World's whose hunts are neglected for hours will be neglected less. Prices are already balancing out as people shop around for the cheapest deal. Many of Balmung's prices have risen while prices on other worlds have dropped.

By that I mean players from high pop servers are still running around on low pop servers killing all the hunts.
    There is absolutely no truth to this whatsoever. The players "running around killing all the hunts" are from all worlds, including other "low" population worlds (and I disagree the hunt population of any Crystal world is "low").

People are probably not going to other worlds to kill ARR and HW A ranks much because there are enough on their own worlds and I find them unkilled on most worlds I visit. Natives from all worlds voluntarily share their SB A trains in a discord and hop on eachother's trains. Spawners from all worlds have teamed together in CWLS to spawn S across all worlds and share them with everyone who wants to come. People who struggled to get many Rank S mobs are now getting more in the limited time they have after work.

Eliminate the hunt communities that have been built by smaller servers by flooding them with people from high pop places?
    Things have changed and you just need to adapt to that change or you'll probably lose out.

What would help is if we had more CWLS with higher capacities so we can more easily communicate hunts to the worlds we find them on. Until then there may be rare cases where the world's native population is not aware of a hunt.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast