Player
    Character
    Con Carne
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Airship

Another suggestion from me, something that would be just for fun without any other use: the possibility to get an airship to travel the world. This airship would be a complete different thing from the FC airship system.

This personal airship's function would serve as an alternative for Aetherytes (that's why I said it would be just for fun). On land, we would use the "Airship" action similar to how we use "Return" or "Teleport" to travel to another place of the world.

However, while "Return" or "Teleport" takes us to the desired destination at instant, "Airship" won't. When using "Airship" we will appear in a detailed but miniaturized version of the world, similar to the classic Final Fantasy overworld maps. There, we can control our airship manually to go to the desired location, just like the airships in the classic overworld maps.

As I said, It would be just for fun since its use would be actually the same as the "Return" and "Aetheryte" actions, but non-instant. Obviously, I know this would be complicated since the center of the world map is not worked (Ilsabard), maybe it would be also hidden by clouds and would be updated through patches when new zones are revealed (though depending of the progression of the player, those will be unaccesible).

Also, this FFXIV world map could be the scenario for an special high-difficult FATE similar to the Mhachi instance thing from Diadem. A rift would open at some occasions and people would enter into an special instanced FATE.

So my idea would be similar to this (ignore the enemies and shots thing from the video).

https://youtu.be/E3Y8un26RYI?t=160

(11)
    Sorry if my english is bad... NAEL VAN DARNUS FOR DISSIDIA!!

Chocobo Orchestrion: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/318163
    Airship World Map: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/386758
    Commando (COM) Limited Job: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/413633
    Kingdom Hearts Event: https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3985385/blog/4859416/

Player
    Character
    Rin Black
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    So a personal airship that takes you to a map you can fly around that contains the zones, and you load into whatever zone you select to land on?

That'd be a fairly nice alternative and a pleasant nod to past Final Fantasy games. Sounds like fun to me. Maybe make it something of an alternative to housing while we're at it.

Small, Medium, and Large Airships with different sized/number of cabins, and you can basically freely roam your airship when it's parked in the sky.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Koe Kazham
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 87
    This is actually a brilliant idea for a classic theme of FF to be instilled on XIV. The 'overworld' idea wouldn't be hard to do, even with inaccessible current zones (the clouded idea actually nods back to FFMQ anyways when you haven't unlocked that bit yet.) Landing could just be zoning you right where you would zone in with return or teleport so the same code from then on could be used, with the added bit of your airship phased in, hovering over the aetheryte of that zone.

Unfortuntely, since this is:

A) Fun
    B) Actually uses basic FF story progression ideals
    C) Requires more work than copy/paste/re-color

It won't get considered... Seriously though this would've been a cool addition, also with the bit of it being alternative to instanced housing.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Borstein
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I love this idea! I would pay for this feature
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Yeah, I'd absolutely love this. But they're gonna go on about "Server limitations" again... well fix your servers SE...
    (3)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    As much as I love overworld maps, they're probably too expensive to produce in modern games. The last JRPG I remember with a traditional overworld map was Tales of Vesperia, and Final Fantasy hasn't had one since IX.

Then there's the question of how they'd restrict access to areas not yet developed... yeah, I'd like an overworld map and airship, but it's just not practical these days, in this type of game.
    (2)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    It would be nice if the airships sent on mission that are already in the game were an actual interactive FF classic mini-game.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rin Black
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Thing is, even if the Overworld Map idea here was some 2-D or low resolution 3-D map, it'd probably still be fairly successful based off of nostalgia alone.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    This sounds like it would be really cool atm our aetheryte teleports cost 999gil to far places, so places even farther than Yanxia could use the airship to get to instead
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astral Thalia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    This seem like a really good idea

Sort of like a mix of FF IX overworld, FF X-2 airship, the sky pirates in the Sea of Clouds, and the theater ship over Kugane when parking/stopping? I like it*

*as long as it's not exclusive to free companies
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast