Player
    Character
    Lebeesknees Highfive
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Voice chat

Why have you guys not implemented a voice chat into the game? Maybe something similar to what blizzard did with their launcher. Where you can only talk to people that you have on your friends list. It's frustrating that I have to hook up a set of headphones to my phone to use Discord, and then my other headphones to use the game volume on my PlayStation 4. I can use one headset to do both things, but won't always let me use my mic on Discord, even though it works perfectly fine if it's not hooked up to more than one thing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    No thank you. Hard pass. Also please no.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Valenth Guiran
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Essentially because they wouldn't be able to police voice chat. They don't want things to become too toxic too easy.
    (8)
    "The world is such a funnier place upside down! ^_^"

Proud leader of the Word of Love Free Company: http://www.wordoflove.enjin.com/

Player
    Character
    Lebeesknees Highfive
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I played WoW on and off for 13 years. It could be said that it is "toxic", especially when you compare the attitude from WoW to FFXIV. But a voice chat that you can only invite people from your friends list, how can that be toxic. Policing the chat I understand that much.

Aside from discord, what other options do people still use for other voice chat applications?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaiden Nightfall
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liriell View Post
    Why have you guys not implemented a voice chat into the game? Maybe something similar to what blizzard did with their launcher. Where you can only talk to people that you have on your friends list. It's frustrating that I have to hook up a set of headphones to my phone to use Discord, and then my other headphones to use the game volume on my PlayStation 4. I can use one headset to do both things, but won't always let me use my mic on Discord, even though it works perfectly fine if it's not hooked up to more than one thing.
    its bad enough i have to read toxic text but now i can hear it and inappropriate things too? no thank you. glad nintendo got smart like SE and just left that option out of the switch. The vocal minority can ruin gaming experience with toxic and unpleasant and abusive voice chat.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fe Moon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Pls no....eso Voice chats its anoying...they listem músic too loud to share
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seren Dust
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    oh lord no...
    And then people start actually getting away with constant harrassment too ...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deprive Sanity
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 49

voice chat

all you nea sayers don't have a clue what you're talking about. having played DCUO since launch voice chat is a huge boon to the player community you can organize raids and make friends from communicating with people and if your having an issue with someone just mute them.

YOU HAVE THE POWER

i can't count how many times I have made friends and laughed in raids with people I just met in the content.

were, by contrast, I have played this for a bit now and haven't met one dang person and find it increasingly frustrating having to type in the middle of content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I, for one, don't believe the majority of this game is toxic.
    I do, however, don't want to hear most players. I want to hear the game. The sound effects, the music, and what I'm doing.
    I know people that can do fight mechanics base don sound alone.

If I want to hear players, I'll jump into discord.
    (6)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Jira Dal'riata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Ehhhh If I can be able to mute and it’s for parties only I wouldn’t mind it too much.

But it needs to be handled carefully voice chat is a very overrated thing that can turn the best of communities like FF14 into a storm of crap. StormCrap

This ain’t fortnite
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast